Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Coworker vent

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:21 am
My co worker keeps checking my stomach if Im pregnant and its really really awkward. Every time I leave work early or if I say Im tired she looks at my stomach. I am not pregnant and BH I do have little kids but it feels super weird like I feel like I need to explain everything to her....
Im tired because....Im leaving early because...

Would you just leave it or say something? Like I AM NOT PREGNANT lol

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:23 am
I would totally not say anything because what would be the point? Let her wonder away. Weird for her to keep checking your stomach. Pretty socially off if you ask me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:30 am
amother Clear wrote:
I would totally not say anything because what would be the point? Let her wonder away. Weird for her to keep checking your stomach. Pretty socially off if you ask me.

well she doesnt have kids so she prob feels like everyone is having babies but her but still doesnt take away from the awkwardness

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:35 am
I feel you, the awkwardness is so annoying. I usually let it slip into the conversation naturally. For someone you are just polite with you can mention eating raw food, for someone you are friendly with you can say ‘It’s so nice feeling good and not nursing or being pregnant!’ Take it in any direction you want.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:37 am
If she doesn’t have kids it is likely more about her than you. I understand it’s unsettling.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:38 am
Is it possible that she is pregnant and therefore wondering if you are also?

WhatFor

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 1:32 am
I mean you can always just ask when she looks there, "oh, is there something on my shirt?" look down where she's looking, and then look back at her and innocently say, "oh excuse me, I thought you were looking at something over there." And then quickly change the subject. That should put her on notice that you see where she's looking.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 1:47 am
When she looks down at your stomach, remind her where your eyes are…

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 10:17 am
Stare back at her stomach. Or her bosom.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 10:40 am
Mayne you are making it into a bigger deal than you think because you are self conscious. Could be she is just socially awkward. How often do you leave work early anyway that this is such an issue?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:04 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
Mayne you are making it into a bigger deal than you think because you are self conscious. Could be she is just socially awkward. How often do you leave work early anyway that this is such an issue?

I don't leave work early often but it keeps coming up that she's looking there. It's really obvious why she's looking and its really awkward
I
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics