Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
S/O have you called Poison Control
Previous  1  2  3  4

Have you ever called Poison Control?
Yes, numerous times  
 14%  [ 28 ]
Yes, once or twice  
 65%  [ 123 ]
No, I call my pediatrician  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Never, BH  
 13%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 189

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:11 am
Whats poison controls number? I want to save it in my phone

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:21 am
Yep when my oldest was maybe almost 2, like quicker than I could stop her she tasted my nail polish. I freaked out and called poison control. They assured me she would be fine. I was young and terrified.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:25 am
My kids are wild and adventurous.
I called poison control on a few occasions. They only asked me my zip code at the end of the call.

BH what they ate wasn’t dangerous. Amoxicillin, temiflu, pumped breast milk and those joys.

I do keep all things like tylanol in a locked safe because if my children are able to get a hold of amoxicillin and drink and entire bottle I don’t want them to C”V drink an entire bottle of something actually dangerous.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:26 am
My 18 month old was sitting in the stroller eating a peach and I was busy helping my newborn and when I went to check on her she had eaten the whole thing including the pit!! I first called my pediatrician and they said to call poison control. Bh it was okay and she would have needed to eat a lot of pits for it be considered poison.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:14 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
OP, you pay lip service and say oshamnu bogadnu, yet somehow your "my children are angels" option remains unchanged and offensive as before.

An OP cannot change the wording of a poll. If you can't handle it, PM a mod and ask them to change it. (I understood it as a joke. Being an angelic kid doesn't mean never eating something you shouldn't and everyone knows that.)

GrowingUp

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:48 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
OP, you pay lip service and say oshamnu bogadnu, yet somehow your "my children are angels" option remains unchanged and offensive as before.

I’m sorry my choice of wording doesn’t sit well with you. I am extremely sarcastic in real life as well, and I’ve learnt it really doesn’t translate well when I write.

As someone stated above, last night I tried to edit my OP, but it doesn’t let me edit my poll. I decided to let it go, but will now report my post so it can get changed.

Also, I rarely post anonymously. If you have a problem with anything I ever post, please message me. I really don’t mean to offend anyone ever, and am always glad to discuss any grievances anyone may have.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:52 pm
Called today when 2yr old seemed to drink some of a glow stick Banging head

GrowingUp

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:58 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Whats poison controls number? I want to save it in my phone

1-800-222-1222

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:17 pm
Called twice, I think.
Can't remember what one was, but the other was when I found my toddler had opened up a little tiny keychain toy... and I could only find 1 of the 2 button batteries. They told me to take her to the ER. We actually waited a few minutes and BH in the meantime we found the missing battery hiding in the carpet.
But no, I don't call for things like oops, we double dosed on amoxicillin or ibuprofen. Obviously if the medicine was that potent to be deadly at double dose, it would never be approved for children for half that dose.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
My kids are wild and adventurous.
I called poison control on a few occasions. They only asked me my zip code at the end of the call.

BH what they ate wasn’t dangerous. Amoxicillin, temiflu, pumped breast milk and those joys.

I do keep all things like tylanol in a locked safe because if my children are able to get a hold of amoxicillin and drink and entire bottle I don’t want them to C”V drink an entire bottle of something actually dangerous.

What would be the issue with pumped breast milk? If it's safe enough for a baby, shouldn't it be safe for an older child?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics