Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you lost 25+ lbs naturally..
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:15 am
I lost 30 lbs on WW during Covid. Both DH and I weren't working and I had so much time to meal prep and exercise. It was after my 4th baby and I was down to my lowest weight in more than 10 years. Kept it off for a year. Once we both started working again and then got pregnant with baby #5, everything went downhill.
Now I have a 1-1/2 yr old home with me all day (while working PT) and my diet consists of anything I can grab out of the pantry and eat either standing up or in the car driving to drop kids off or pick up. I don't have two seconds to think about what's going in my mouth.
My exercise routine- is nothing. I desperately need to lose 25 lbs.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:28 am
amother Nasturtium wrote:
Do you mind posting what a normal day of eating looks like for you? This is something I’d like to try

Note that dh doesn’t eat meat do my diet doesn’t include it for practical reasons….

Morning:
Coffe (black or occasionally with a splash of no sugar added almond milk/artificial sweetener)

Delayed Breakfast of:
Protein yogurt with about 10g nuts and some SF chocolate chips
Or
4 egg whites filled with 125g of low fat cottage cheese and veggies (bell peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes, beet greens/spinach) you could add some avocado here if you find yourself getting too hungry before lunch.

*you’re aiming for about 25-35g of protein here and under 300 calories*

Lunch:
Big salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers (really whatever you want as far as veggies) and a can of tuna. Use a non or low fat dressing.

Or 250g of low fat cottage cheese and a similar salad without the tuna.

Again we’re shooting for around 25-30g of protein and under 300 calories.

Dinner:

Pick a lean protein (could be fish, chicken, eggs) pair with a large helping of veggies (easy picks for me are frozen peas, corn, green beans) you can add a small portion (1/2-1 cup) of brown rice or rice or quinoa sometimes I makes zucchini or skinny pasta and mix in a half portion of brown rice pasta.

*try to keep dinner around 600 calories (assuming you didn’t snack)*

If you’re really craving a snack or sweet after dinner make a protein powder mug cake.

My favorite these days is:
1 serving (2 scoops) Orgain chocolate flavor (OU pareve)
3 tbsp pb2 original
1 tbsp erythritol
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda and a pinch of salt
Mix all dry ingredients together, then add about 1/3 c of water or no added sugar almond milk. You want all of the ingredients to be wet but the batter to be pretty thick. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes then top with 10g dark chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips.

If you find yourself needing a snack during the day. Start with a glass of water and a cup of coffee. If you’re still hungry have a small apple or some cut veggies (possibly with a slice of low fat cheese, 2tbsp of PB2, or another 60ish cal protein boost).

You’re trying to get your calories between 1200 and 1600 daily. Recognizing that Shabbos will likely be higher and that it’s ok in the scheme of your overall goal to run a calorie deficit.

I don’t do regular exercise but I do get about 10,000 steps each day.

I do not drink any sugar sweetened beverages or alcohol.

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:29 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
I lost 70lb in OA- overeaters anonymous and have kept it off for a number of years.
You can find a meeting near you on the website where you can find out more about the concept of food being addictive

Over how much time did you lose the 70 lb?

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:48 am
I lost 40 lbs twice (I gain a lot of weight in pregnancy)

IF 11-7, three small meals a day

Focus on:
protein (6oz per meal)
vegetables (up to 16 oz 2x a day)
healthy fats (1oz 2x a day).
Healthy Carbs (4 oz once a day)
fruit (4oz once a day)
No sugar, no wheat flour.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise