Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Is Palin's pregnant daughter a reflection on her as a mother
Previous  1  2  3

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 1:37 am
I saw a clip,I think on nytimes.com where they interviewed people from her home town
they were asked what did they think of the daughter being pregnant,and palin running for VP
a couple about 20yrs,old the guy looked like he didnt have a clue what was going on and his girlfriend said,
"it doesn't matter to them about the girl being pregnant,and the mom,makes u listen to her whether u want to or not,and laughed"
the 2nd person was an older man,just wouldn't comment,and said "it isn't his business,or yours"
the 3rd person said"look if u are a redneck then u see no problem w/the daughter being pregnant it happens all the time,but if u aren't from these parts,or places like this then u might have a problem w/it"then she continued going to her car.

Quote:
She spoke brilliantly, and I loved watching how the family interacted...so sweet.

fyi,it was a nice speech,but it was written by President George Bush people.
I can't believe u thought she wrote it herself Confused
when she starts traveling and going to different states,it will be more of what she has to say.

mimivan

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 4:27 am
Is it really a rejection of her mothers values completely? I mean, she didn't get an abortion, did she?
I would think her Xtian right peers would see her refusal to commit what they consider murder (abortion) might cancel out her sin of fornication to some degree.

What a rabbi would say? I don't know ....ask a Rabbi! Very Happy

But I this sounds like the kind of thing Rabbi Boteach would write about...I don't think any other frum rabbi would be interested IMHO..

cassandra

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 7:34 am
chavamom wrote:

And was I the only one not freaked out by the photo of the giant cross being beamed in the background during Palin's speech????

I watched her speech, flipping between the three networks, and I didn't see any cross. Her background was the Washington Monument over the Mall, until the end when it was a rising sun.

chavamom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 2:35 pm
cassandra wrote:
chavamom wrote:

And was I the only one not freaked out by the photo of the giant cross being beamed in the background during Palin's speech????

I watched her speech, flipping between the three networks, and I didn't see any cross. Her background was the Washington Monument over the Mall, until the end when it was a rising sun.

I watched on c-span and one of the backgrounds was one of those giant highway crosses they have in the Midwest and South like this (don't click if you don't want to see a giant roadside cross that is on Hwy 70 in IL). The camera seemed to focus in on Ms. Palin pretty quickly after it appeared, so I'm wondering if it was a message intended for the delegates and not the whole world watching.

cassandra

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 2:46 pm
I didn't notice it and can't find any mention or image of it on the Internet. Doesn't freak me out though. Obama likes to tout his Christian credentials too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics