Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
A little more put together
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 3:57 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Don’t wait until you lose weight that’s a never ending trap. I wear nice tops, wear aprons for food prep and when kids touch you during eating. Other than that any reason you get dirty? All my nice tops wash well on delicate but none have major stains.

What tops? Examples?
My kids touch me and I get dirty, my baby spits up, I need to focus on the children not stressing that it won't come out.
I don't wear eye makeup because I can't see to put it on. I only wear eye makeup with contacts. Contacts aren't so comfortable so it's not a common thing.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:03 pm
How's your skin? I started investing in my skincare routine, went to a dermatologist to discuss my acne, dry skin, and to prevent wrinkles. I pushed it off for years because I thought I couldn't afford something a vain as a dermatologist, but it turns out that my insurance covers the visit, so why not?
Slowly I started building up my skincare routine. Now I spend about 10 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening and it feels so good to pamper myself.

I know so many women who were overweight but with great skin and I think they are so beautiful. I was so jealous of them when my skin was in a bad place, even though my weight was fine.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
What tops? Examples?
My kids touch me and I get dirty, my baby spits up, I need to focus on the children not stressing that it won't come out.
I don't wear eye makeup because I can't see to put it on. I only wear eye makeup with contacts. Contacts aren't so comfortable so it's not a common thing.

I get from fameoncental. Or j’apparel both have plus size which I need.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:27 pm
Im in the same situation as you. I suggest getting some dresses instead of 2 piece outfits. They are so easy to throw on and are in style and often are more comfortable and nicer looking than a shirt and skirt. Some good frum plus size brands are japparel, swoon, and d_rama. Junee also has an amazing plus size section. You only really need 4 new things to feel like you have a whole new wardrobe. You can get 4 dresses from Junee for under $400.
Get 2-3 nice news headscarves, the type that you make one knot in the back and let a piece fall over each shoulder. Theyre in style and you’ll feel so much prettier and dressed up than the standard tichel type head covering.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:27 pm
This is what I would do: If you live in Monsey please go in to beautiful boutique or in Lakewood sorority.
They’ll have a selction of clothing in your size so you’ll have the luxury of trying things that actually fit. get yourself a good slenderizing skirt and see which style top works for you. (I’m short and long ones look horrible. I like short ones for myself but see what works for you.
Then I’d look on SHEIN for more tops. They have so many beautiful options for housetops and nicer ones.

A little makeup goes a long way.
If you can wear contacts even for when you go out of the house, that brightens up your face.
Nice updated tichels . When you gain weight you might need looser ones. I don’t like the tight ones on the because I gained a lot of weight.

Sneakers is fine for every day. Maybe get fresh anklets to wear under it.

Good luck!

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:37 pm
I feel the same as op
BUT
I live OOT
Spending $100 on a dress or an outfit is way out of my budget

But I have no idea how to shop online.
Everything I order looks HORRIBLE on me

Can someone please post something in the $50-$60 range (total outfit or dress) that looks put together for a heavy set short person.
Something tried and true that you’ve ordered
I’m ok with shein, etc.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
I feel the same as op
BUT
I live OOT

Can someone please post something in the $50-$60 range (total outfit or dress) that looks put together for a heavy set short person.
I’m ok with shein, etc.

Why do I feel the same way at 20 years old with no kids Crying except I'm tall not short

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:47 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
I feel the same as op
BUT
I live OOT

I’m ok with shein, etc.

The thing is shein/ ali/ amazon do look horrible on anyone who is bigger. When I didn’t have money I saved up to buy one outfit at a time. They last a long time so it’s a good investment.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:53 pm
Search SHEIN long skirts, long- midi dress no waist flare y , dolman sleeve tees look great long tunics with slimmer skirts work well too

A neat polished jacket, nice shoes and a styled sheitel you’re all set

https://us.shein.com/Allover-F......html

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:59 pm
Are you handy? I put on my own nail polish. Do something like iced roses.
A little tinted moisturizer , blush, lipstick.
If you get a nice fashion necklace (not real), it will perk up a black dress or black t shirt and slinky skirt.

penguin

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:01 pm
OP, have you ever tried a magnifying mirror? Depending on your prescription, I would think yiu could apply eyeliner with that.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't wear eye makeup because I wear glasses (hence the lipstick). Maybe I should wear lipstick at home too. I have a pair of earrings but the baby pulls on my jewelry and earrings...ow!

Why would glasses be a reason not to wear eye makeup? I've had glasses since I was a kid, and of course I wear eye makeup. It's all the more a reason! As an example, I'm nearsighted, therefore my glasses make my eyes appear smaller. I compensate that by using light/bright colored eyeliners that make the eyes appear bigger and brighter. I also make a point of filling in my eyebrows so they look neat and further emphasize my eyes. There are other tricks for people who are farsighted on the contrary and have to make their eyes less prominent.

OP, there are websites that you can find on google with a bit of searching, that give instructions on eye makeup especially for women with glasses.

Earrings - wear small smooth golden or silver studs which babies can't grab and pull.

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:07 pm
Would you wear sports clothes? A cute half zip, knee length flair skirt, black leggings, comfy new socks (I like the adidas sports ones) and a pair of new sneakers. You can wear all black if that’s what you like with a pop of color on the sneakers.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:17 pm
OP, do you really want to do this?
Posters have given great ideas-
1. You don't want to wear nicer tops- why? that would actually make a world of a difference... They're ruining your shirt anyways why do you care what they ruin?
2. You don't want to wear makeup or eye makeup- just put it on! makes a world of a difference!!
These are my best suggestions, but I can't help you if you don't want to be helped...

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:27 pm
Get a few nice pre-tied tichels (tiurknot has nice ones), tiered or fit-and flare maxi-skirts (I found on doubleheaderusa, but I'm sure lots of frum stores have), and some nice t-shirts in patterns or dark colors so you don't have to worry about your kids getting them dirty.
Blush and mascara look nice with glasses, if you are interested in wearing makeup.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:27 pm
What about perfume?
And working on posture?

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:28 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
The thing is shein/ ali/ amazon do look horrible on anyone who is bigger. When I didn’t have money I saved up to buy one outfit at a time. They last a long time so it’s a good investment.

Ok can you post a really nice every day outfit like to go to a Shiur

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:29 pm
penguin wrote:
OP, have you ever tried a magnifying mirror? Depending on your prescription, I would think yiu could apply eyeliner with that.

My prescription is -1250. I literally cannot see.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:31 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Get a few nice pre-tied tichels (tiurknot has nice ones), tiered or fit-and flare maxi-skirts (I found on doubleheaderusa, but I'm sure lots of frum stores have), and some nice t-shirts in patterns or dark colors so you don't have to worry about your kids getting them dirty.
Blush and mascara look nice with glasses, if you are interested in wearing makeup.

Udel has some cute t-shirts
https://udelny.com/collections/tshirts?page=1

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:35 pm
I was feeling this and started putting powder foundation and blush on with lip gloss, eye shadow and mascara, tried lenses but it wasn't comfortable for every day so just Shabbos when I also do full face makeup.
Changed out of snoods to head scarfs and look much more put together.
I have a couple of black aline skirts and tops for in the house. Can get spit up and food on and goes in the hamper daily and do cold washes.
For out the house I have nicer tops or dresses and change into a wig.
My mood changed drastically. Did this nearly 5 years ago and each season and 1 or 2 new stylish tops or dresses.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics