Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
T/S ISO HOSPITAL.UPDATED AGAIN..TEHILIM NEEDED
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
White

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 11:10 am
amother Daisy wrote:
Hackensack has an excellent adult pulmonary department.
Be mindful of how people think of the value of the life of a
Special needs adult in big city hospitals.

If look into Cohens also

This. Lenox (actually the entire northwell health network) has a special transfer team that helps you get insurance approval and fight with the hospitals if they don't want to let the patient go.
And if you chose to transfer out of a northwell hospital they will not hold onto the patient or cuase any problems or delays.

Either way, I agree that Hackensack might be a better option than Columbia for a SN adult.
My relative has a list of jewish liaisons of all NY/NJ hospitals. If you need numbers lmk and I can help you out.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 5:39 pm
So Bh I have some better and not so good news.

Since last time (I believe Sunday) he had started to feel a bit better so I thought why the Hassle of taking him he will be relaeased anyway. Also was told about the Dr in maimindies knows his stuff etc when in actuallity in the end they still can't find out what the root of the problem is. (he is bh feeling slight better , but still has coughing every fe minutes and needs to be fed through a tube and oxygen)

long story short. Over this week lots of tests were done and the organization wanted to see the progress notes before deciding to move him, till now they said maimondidtes is doing everything correctly so no need to transfer. finally a half hour ago they helped us get connected with cornel and the transfer IYH to be taking place tomorrow. (still have to find out what is causing this as the tests didnt show here)

I am still asking if you can daven for us and make me feel not lonely on this journey it would greatly appreciated.

B eh tomorrow will be at cornell. If anyone has any numbers of anything jewsih needed for shabbos or sources in the hospital (too much for me to think about right now) I would greatly appreciate it.

Will try to get some rest now for a bit

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 5:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

Since last time (I believe Sunday) he had started to feel a bit better so I thought why the Hassle of taking him he will be relaeased anyway. Also was told about the Dr in maimindies knows his stuff etc when in actuallity in the end they still can't find out what the root of the problem is. (he is bh feeling slight better , but still has coughing every fe minutes and needs to be fed through a tube and oxygen)

long story short. Over this week lots of tests were done and the organization wanted to see the progress notes before deciding to move him, till now they said maimondidtes is doing everything correctly so no need to transfer. finally a half hour ago they helped us get connected with cornel and the transfer IYH to be taking place tomorrow. (still have to find out what is causing this as the tests didnt show here)

I am still asking if you can daven for us and make me feel not lonely on this journey it would greatly appreciated.

B eh tomorrow will be at cornell. If anyone has any numbers of anything jewsih needed for shabbos or sources in the hospital (too much for me to think about right now) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for the update. I will continue to daven.
Hatzlacha with the transfer tomorrow.
Chessed 24/7 has a room in Cornell 2nd floor Room #107 North. Their phone number is 845-354-3233. I hope this helps.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 6:04 pm
thank you

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 8:24 pm
And as for now my daughter wants to also call some pulmonologist who are special in the filed for outpateint appointments when he leaves b eh the hospital. (it takes time anyways to see them so why not call from now)

Can anyone reccomend someone special and proffesional in the field ?

mmcess

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 8:35 pm
Iyh transfer should go smooth and iyh the right shliach should assist in a complete Refuah shelima .

At Cornell I am very happy with pulmonologist Dr. Worgall

Shabbos can call chai lifeline or chesed 24/7 for Shabbos food bag to the room.
Chesed room stocked with food on the second floor
There is the friendship house (chesed apartments two short blocks away) (212) 933-9033

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 8:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

May he be blessed with a refuah shelaima, quickly!
Sending you so much strength.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:17 am
thank you. Still waiting for the doctor to come and sign so we can do the transfer.

Hopefully will be long before shabbos

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:33 am
Unfortunately the doctor Maimonides is not coming here to sign the documents. Everything is ready for transfer and everything and even the liaison said there is nothing to do till the doctor comes and signs. Can anyone please guide me what I can do ? This is so frustrating !!!

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:50 am
I'm so so sorry OP that you're waiting for the dr Sad I don't have knowledge in this area but so so upsetting. I'm going to daven for you now. Try if you can to think ein od milvado, and that Hashem is hakol yachol- He can do anything and iyH you will have your yeshua. I personally have seen yeshuas not b'derech hateva after doing this
I'm literally in tears for you for what you're going through. No words

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:54 am
amother OP wrote:
Unfortunately the doctor Maimonides is not coming here to sign the documents. Everything is ready for transfer and everything and even the liaison said there is nothing to do till the doctor comes and signs. Can anyone please guide me what I can do ? This is so frustrating !!!

Call Chaim medical. I had the same thing and they gave us advice at the time about what to do

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:08 am
We did already they told us unfortunately that there is nothing can be done and the way its done is by the doctor signing the form which I feel just as the moment arrived he is hiding himself from us.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
We did already they told us unfortunately that there is nothing can be done and the way its done is by the doctor signing the form which I feel just as the moment arrived he is hiding himself from us.

I hate to tell you but sometimes they do it on purpose. Hope it's not the case by you

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:26 am
tweety1 wrote:
I hate to tell you but sometimes they do it on purpose. Hope it's not the case by you
unfortunately I think it is. Wish there was something I can do about it.

amother
White

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:18 am
amother OP wrote:
unfortunately I think it is. Wish there was something I can do about it.

Did you speak to the Jewish liason? What does Chaim Medical say?

Ask a shaalah now if you are allowed to facilitate and go thru with the transfer on shabbos. And if you can do with him or in a taxi. Regaefing phone calls. There are dayanim that specialize in this area. They will be able to tell you about it.

Dh worked a similar case some time ago. He was busy with it all shabbos. The transfer ended up happening right after zman motzai shabbos but he was allowed, and HAD to work on it all throughout shabbos. They know to keep pushing it off till after zman so then it's shabbos.... and then the hope you won't go thru with it and eventually they'll keep the patient until discharge....

So please call your rav and discuss it.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:26 am
Hospitals love to play games unfortunately. There should be an ombudsman you can reach out to, sometimes that is enough to get things moving. Saying a kapitel tehillim for you. May the transfer go easily and smoothly and may this be the first step towards his refuah sheleima!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 11:41 am
Thank you so much for your replies and chizzuk it really means a lot to me. finally I was told that the doctor called my daughter (she conformed with me as she is better at understanding certain things of what is going on) that the doctor from maimonidies is trying to call the doctor in cornell but they are not picking up (perhaps in middle of sugery) This happened as as soon as we (the family) started to read tehilim together pasuk after pasuk slowly for my son. This is the power of tefilah but it's not done yet. We still are awating the good news to happen (and I really hope the hospital is not playing a prank sure hope not). I am asking PLEASE PLEASE if you see this post and even have one minute to read a tehilim (I know everyone is busy at this time) it would mean so much to me as every perek counts. I wish I could have arranged a group to say it together but as of the moment a lot going on.
I am not even home to make food for shabbos but some of my kids will be making a few things b eh.

Hope to let everyone with good news

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 1:03 pm
If anyone can also give some tzedaka in our zechus would really appreciate it , I am a bit exhausted but Hashem has show me a sign of light that things may go through.

We really need zechusim for this so anything small would help. I already accepted bli neded till MTZ not to say anything negative about anyone b eh. If you accept something small on yourself even for just a few hours or anything. I will be gratefull and give you a bracha from the bottom of my heart when this is b eh behind us

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 1:15 pm
Davening for you!
Will try my best to light a little early

dena613

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 1:28 pm
Saying a kapitel now.
Hope things go smoothly.

Hospitals don't like transferring out and can give you the runaround... And then suddenly they allow it!

Be ready to transfer on shabbos.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries