Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cruise info

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 9:28 am
Has anyone ever gone on a cruise?
What do they allow you to bring onboard? What did you do about kosher food?
TIA!

doctorima

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 12:08 pm
https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....145.0
https://www.dansdeals.com/adve.....ling/

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 12:11 pm
Royal carribean has some fresh kosher cruises. Worth every penny. They just announced yeshiva week options

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 6:41 pm
Bump

happy chick

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 6:48 pm
We went on a regular cruise. We ordered airline food. And we brought a lot. We went with a lot of kids so there were some exceptions with food/drink.

Also, my mil has a way of manipulating people, so she got the kitchen staff to let her in and take stuff like mayo, ketchup, cereals, etc.

All in all, it was awesome. I can't wait to do it again one day.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:26 am
happy chick wrote:
We went on a regular cruise. We ordered airline food. And we brought a lot. We went with a lot of kids so there were some exceptions with food/drink.

Also, my mil has a way of manipulating people, so she got the kitchen staff to let her in and take stuff like mayo, ketchup, cereals, etc.

Thanks! This is so helpful.

Did they let you bring all kosher food onboard or it had to be vaccum packed frozen food only? Did you have a freezer?

cnc

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:38 am
happy chick wrote:

LOL

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:45 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! This is so helpful.

Did they let you bring all kosher food onboard or it had to be vaccum packed frozen food only? Did you have a freezer?

You can bring as many luggage peices as you want, so you bring as much food as you want. We went Royal Caribbean and had a small fridge - no freezer.
You can not bring any large appliances like a Betty crocker or toaster. Just something like a hair dryer...

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:49 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
You can bring as many luggage peices as you want, so you bring as much food as you want. We went Royal Caribbean and had a small fridge - no freezer.
You can not bring any large appliances like a Betty crocker or toaster. Just something like a hair dryer...

Thank you!
Would they make an exception for a kosher eating family for the Betty Crocker or it’s a very strict non negotiable?

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!
Would they make an exception for a kosher eating family for the Betty Crocker or it’s a very strict non negotiable?

They will find out, you can blow the fuse and trust me you do not want that. They do have prepackaged "airline food" available for free if you order in advanced. Some cruises offer a fresh kosher food option, we did not do it as we were hesitant about the hechsher it's not so simple like a standard OU hechsher.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:10 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
They will find out, you can blow the fuse and trust me you do not want that. They do have prepackaged "airline food" available for free if you order in advanced. Some cruises offer a fresh kosher food option, we did not do it as we were hesitant about the hechsher it's not so simple like a standard OU hechsher.

Oh I see. So I guess no chicken or eggs or anything
Can I ask for ideas of what you brought along?

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:51 am
For "real food" Instant couscous, mashed potatoes, bread, peanut butter, vacuum packed cold cuts. Beef jerkey, Ramen noodles . snacks.. crackers, popcorn, cookies, nuts, candy (yuck, but my friend loves it) No, it was not the healthiest Week. Food is included in the cost, you can get fruit, if you eat oud they have yogurt, cream cheese packets, milk (they also have soy milk) ..
They do sell snacks on board but it is soooooo expensive.
I don't know where you are going to, we went to Alaska,so no actual "real" kosher food there, but snacks on shore are cheaper than on the cruise ship

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 7:10 pm
Bumping if anyone has any and all info to add

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 7:21 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Royal carribean has some fresh kosher cruises. Worth every penny. They just announced yeshiva week options

Can you post the link?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 8:08 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
For "real food" Instant couscous, mashed potatoes, bread, peanut butter, vacuum packed cold cuts. Beef jerkey, Ramen noodles . snacks.. crackers, popcorn, cookies, nuts, candy (yuck, but my friend loves it) No, it was not the healthiest Week. Food is included in the cost, you can get fruit, if you eat oud they have yogurt, cream cheese packets, milk (they also have soy milk) ..
They do sell snacks on board but it is soooooo expensive.
I don't know where you are going to, we went to Alaska,so no actual "real" kosher food there, but snacks on shore are cheaper than on the cruise ship

Thank you for this! Not sure why I just saw ut now

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:24 am
I would also say, personally I think its worth it to upgrade to a balcony room, the view just doesn't compare to an inside room with a virtual view screen. And sitting outside in the fresh air in pjs....

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
I would also say, personally I think its worth it to upgrade to a balcony room, the view just doesn't compare to an inside room with a virtual view screen. And sitting outside in the fresh air in pjs....

Thanks that is very helpful as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics