Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for a hand-me-down carseat

mrsnistar

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:34 pm
Anyone have a car seat they're looking to get rid of?
It would really be appreciated... Thanks!

amother
Clover

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:35 pm
Make sure it’s not expired or was in an accident

teachkids

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:16 pm
I donated my infant seat to a gemach. Pm me if you want the contact info?

Are you looking for an infant seat or convertible seat?

mrsnistar

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:19 pm
teachkids wrote:
I donated my infant seat to a gemach. Pm me if you want the contact info?

Are you looking for an infant seat or convertible seat?

Thanks! No, I need for my toddler. Can you send me the details? I also want a Doona base, but that's not as important...

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:20 pm
I have one in great condition in my attic. Im grossed out to crawl up and get it. Used for one child for 2-3 years appx 6 years ago. If your husband can go up and get it youre welcome.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:22 pm
mrsnistar wrote:
Thanks! No, I need for my toddler. Can you send me the details? I also want a Doona base, but that's not as important...

I pmed you. Not sure what she has though.

If you can't find, there are carseats under $100 at Walmart.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:31 pm
Please buy a $100 one from walmart and not use an hand me down. Unless you know the owner and how well they took care of it and if they are honest about if it was in an accident.

Used car seats can be so dangerous. I have seen parents toss them, use very expired ones, use after an accident, or bump them up stairs (like a doona). Super unsafe as the plastic inside can chip or warp and then it won't be able to protect their child in case of an accident.
You child is worth more than $100.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:32 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Please buy a $100 one from walmart and not use an hand me down. Unless you know the owner and how well they took care of it and if they are honest about if it was in an accident.

Used car seats can be so dangerous. I have seen parents toss them, use very expired ones, use after an accident, or bump them up stairs (like a doona). Super unsafe as the plastic inside can chip or warp and then it won't be able to protect their child in case of an accident.
You child is worth more than $100.

the cosco brand is very well priced from walmart

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:40 pm
Car seats expire after 6 years. Walmart sells for $50.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
I have one in great condition in my attic. Im grossed out to crawl up and get it. Used for one child for 2-3 years appx 6 years ago. If your husband can go up and get it youre welcome.
Please please throw it out. My son is 6 and I tossed his car seat. You don’t want it on your achrayus if you give someone an expired car seat and something ChVs happens.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Please please throw it out. My son is 6 and I tossed his car seat. You don’t want it on your achrayus if you give someone an expired car seat and something ChVs happens.

Besides for the manufacturer making money, what is the problem with an expired car seat? My pediatrician sees no issues with it.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:58 pm
I have a diono radian I'd be happy to give away. It's about 5 or 6 years old but they expire after 10 years.

I didn't use it much at all. It was never in a crash, but I bought a new one because it's so heavy and I had a hard time installing it.

Pm if you're interested.

edited to switch to anon now that op messaged me Smile

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 22 2024, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Clover

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:22 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Besides for the manufacturer making money, what is the problem with an expired car seat? My pediatrician sees no issues with it.

It’s dangerous and they aren’t safe if there’s an accident Chas Vishulem.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:25 pm
Why is it dangerous and not safe. Reason.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:41 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:

Carseats have an expiration date Because they are exposed to difficult elements and are made up if mostly plastic and material which can corrode disintegrate or get hard and Crack easily over time

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:

They can fail to their job. Their job being keeping your kid alive in a bad accident. Why even risk that? Is your pediatrician taking responsibility for your kid’s life? Is he playing god?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:05 am
Im assuming Your pediatrician went to medical school many many yea ago. Being that your pediatrician went to school foe medical information they probably don't know much about engineering. Nobody sat down and explained to your pediatrician how the extreme heat and cold in a car causes the car seat to loose its straight. Without this understanding your pediatrician thinks new guidelines are not necessary..

...children and tefillin- can't be left in cars because the temp is dangerous for them. So too the car seats meantcto protect those babys need to be replaced timely since they generally do stay in car for long periods if time. .

Also car seat regulations have improved over the yrs and they are made with more updated safety requirements

mrsnistar

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:24 pm
Thanks for weighing in, everyone. Obviously, I wasn't looking for a cheap way versus safe way!
Shout-out to amother who passed on her barely used, non-expired car seat! It's very much appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries