Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Chicken in oven recipe

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:27 pm
Want to put up chicken in oven for around 4 hours tom any recipe? What temp can I cook at?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:29 pm
This is delicious, uncovered at 250 F for 5 hours.
If you rub in the spices tonight and refrigerate the chicken raw and seasoned, it comes out even better.
For 4 hours, do 285 F.
https://www.allrecipes.com/rec.....tyle/

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:40 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
If you rub in the spices tonight and refrigerate the chicken raw and seasoned, it comes out even better.
For 4 hours, do 285 F.

This recipe is delicious. I make my own spice mixture. I do chicken bottoms not whole chickens. 285 for 4 hours. There’s no cavity to put the onion into so I slice the onions on bottom of the pan. If you won’t be home you can leave it uncovered the whole time but if you’re around it gets really juicy if you leave it covered for the first hour or two and baste with the juices from the bottom of the pan when you uncover.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:43 pm
Thanks!!! I don’t get what so delish about it?? It’s not just spices? Haha ! Can I add green beans to the bottom?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!!! I don’t get what so delish about it?? It’s not just spices? Haha ! Can I add green beans to the bottom?

Try it and you'll see. It's the exact amount of spices the method of slow uncovered baking.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:55 pm
Can you do this with rice under?

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:21 pm
Unlike proteins that come out really good with this low and slow method I like to do vegetables at 375 or 400 but if you want you can add them an hour and a half or two hours before it’s done.
Rice needs to bake covered most of the time. Baked chicken with rice on the bottom is a different recipe.Heat oven to 375. Heat a tablespoon or two of oil at the bottom of a roaster. Bake a chopped onion and a few minced garlic cloves in it for about 15 minutes. Put a cup of raw rice on top. Put the spiced chicken on top of the rice. Slowly pour 2 cups boiling chicken stock (homemade or bought) on the rice. Cover tightly. Bake at 375 for half an hour. Turn oven down to 350 and bake another 45 minutes. Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Total baking time is one and a half hours.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

Like neon yellow said, it’s the spices and the slow uncovered baking for a long time. The simplest recipes are the best. The chicken drowned in bbq sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey and all kinds of other stuff can’t compete with this.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:36 pm
This recipe looks really cool. Has anyone tried with different spices? We don't love thyme or white pepper over here.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:17 am
Looking for a recipe for chicken for shabbos.
I defrosted a whole chicken, cut in 8

Will try it.

So I put onion on bottom of pan, & cover for an hour & uncover for 3?

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:23 am
theoneandonly wrote:
This recipe looks really cool. Has anyone tried with different spices? We don't love thyme or white pepper over here.

Us too!
I don’t have white pepper. Just black pepper.
Can I just use more of that?
& don’t have cayenne pepper.

Suggestions to substitute?

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:38 am
I cook chicken for about 4 hours at 350. I like my chicken falling apart and the skin crispy.

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 4:03 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
For 4 hours, do 285 F.

Does this only work with whole or can I do chicken thighs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen