Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Tiny little moths?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 7:13 pm
They're not fruit flies, they're tiny little moths - luckily they're slow, so they're easy to kill, but there are tons in our bathroom. B"H only in the bathroom, unless one escapes but they mostly stay in there.

What are they so I can google a way to kill them?

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 7:58 pm
my parents have a similar problem. The moths came from infested bird food and they're really hard to get rid of because they multiply like crazy and infest everything else. My mom keeps sucking them up with a vacuum cleaner....

mimsy7420

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 8:08 pm
Do you have a cupboard in your bathroom? If you do - take everything out and any open boxes throw out and wipe down every other item. You will probably find little nests. Good luck.

PIP

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 8:51 pm
I had those. they took FOREVER to get rid of. Clean out EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY in your bathroom w\ hot boiling water and soap. They like wood, after I cleaned and cleaned they were still coming. We couldn't figure out where it came from. Until we opened up a box of matches and the whole box was full of webs! We got rid of it, then recleaned everything w\ hot water and soap. I read if you put bay leaves the moths can't stand it and won't lay eggs there. That's what finally got rid of it for us. I put them in all my cabinets, countertops, on top of bookcases etc all over my house.

Also, if you get deliveries from supermarkets, sometimes they come from there...... Keep an open eye. Good luck, I get the chills every time I think of it!

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 8:55 pm
PrettyInPink wrote:
I read if you put bay leaves the moths can't stand it and won't lay eggs there. That's what finally got rid of it for us. I put them in all my cabinets, countertops, on top of bookcases etc all over my house.

bay leaves? interesting PrettyInPink I'll definitely tell my mom about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics