Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Please help me decide where to put the fabric for a dress
Previous  1  2

grin

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 6:26 am
I agree with Tamiri. (BTW, one of the jumpers I made for dd she hated just because it was brown.)

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 7:00 am
First of all, I didn't even start it LOL , so once I start it, I will try out all the suggestions, thank you. The top is for sure the bumpy blue (they call it cloque here, but it's like a seersucker).
My dd is wonderful and will wear whatever I do. As for the brown, I think it needs the color, otherwise, it's too blah.

Last edited by yo'ma on Fri, Sep 19 2008, 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 7:04 am
don't any of you get it ... she is the sewer ... the designer ... she can do whatever on earth she pleases ... they sell so many mix & match outfits these days ... who said you have to be monochromatic ... as a sewer myself ... I LOVE it ... GO FOR IT !!!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 7:09 am
greenfire wrote:
don't any of you get it ... she is the sewer ... the designer ... she can do whatever on earth she pleases ... they sell so many mix & match outfits these days ... who said you have to be monochromatic ... as a sewer myself ... I LOVE it ... GO FOR IT !!!

Thank you, but I did ask for suggestions. I usually don't, but I asked because I couldn't figure out what to do and I don't have my mommy here to help me decide Crying . When it comes to my designs, I could take the criticism because I'm confident enough with it, but other things, not as much Confused .

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 7:49 am
Thank you everybody for your ideas. In the end, the tiers didn't look good with any of the fabrics Confused , so I did the whole skirt with the bumpy blue and a drop of brown on the bottom. After doing that, I didn't like the way it looked. I think it looks too much like a robe. My daughter likes it, so I'll finish it and she can keep it as a robe even though she already has one. In the meantime I bought more fabric to make a different dress, but I accidentally broke my machine Banging head .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics