Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
JJ Cole Bundle Me- which one is warmest?
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:29 pm
http://softandcozybaby.com/cuddlebabe.html or this -- support local Wink

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:31 pm
Or this.
http://stores.ebay.com/BABY-ON.....QtZkm

BTW, the soft and cozy site has a coupon in The Advertiser for any Baltimorons for 10% off I think (I assume not on the website, I don't know for sure).

Atali

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:31 pm
How about this: http://www.babypolargear.com/I.....r.htm

Atali

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:33 pm
Wouldn't the cuddle babe be a problem since it goes in the back?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:44 pm
LOL, Atali. That was my next link Wink
That works too.

The CuddleBabe I think is ok because it's still thin in the back. As long as the baby can be put in the car seat that has been adjusted for it, without adjusting the straps in between, and there is less than 2 finger's breadth in between the baby and the seat, it's considered safe, which is why most fleece usually is ok, depending on how heavy the child's clothing is.
The Bundle Me is too thick though.

Tova

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 8:34 pm
Thanks, HY, for the info and links (Atali, thanks to you too).

Oy, I'm so confused and it's stressing me out a bit. Before reading this post I was all set on getting the BundleMe - it was on our BRU shopping list and we made a "date" to go Motzei Shabbos. My son is a spring baby, so having a newborn in the cold weather is all new to me. Do you think the Cuddlebabe is warm enough? [yes, there is a 10% off coupon in the newest Advertiser.] I don't want my little munchkin to get cold. HY, can you please provide a link to the GoldBug? I am having trouble finding it via Google.

THANKS!!!

stem

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 9:01 pm
Here is a question to those who use the bundleme: What do you do if the baby needs to be picked up, once you take him out of his car seat he's not wearing anything warm? Does that mean you can never pick him up outdoors?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 11:00 am
Stem, the bundleme is like a bunting, you can remove the baby in the bundleme still.

Tova, you can call the owner of that store, and I'm sure she'd answer you. Swaddling usually keeps a baby pretty warm, and overheating is also dangerous. But she's a midwife and a mother, and knows a thing or two about babies Smile
I can understand the uncertainty of being faced with a winter baby -- I went from July to January Smile
For some reason, I am only finding the GoldBug on ebay now.
B"N I'll ask my mother in law what store she got hers from.
If the cuddlebabe is warm enough though, that might be the better option (though the GoldBug is so easy since I don't have to get my baby into a jacket or snowsuit) since you can use it in the stroller as well...unless you already have a snowsuit...

stem

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 11:52 am
Hasem_Yaazor wrote:
\

How is something like this different than a bundleme in terms of shock absorption?

Also, what to do with a toddler is a carseat? Is it safe to put him in his seat wearing a coat? snowsuit?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 12:11 pm
stem wrote:
Hasem_Yaazor wrote:
\

How is something like this different than a bundleme in terms of shock absorption?

Also, what to do with a toddler is a carseat? Is it safe to put him in his seat wearing a coat? snowsuit?

I haven't seen it, but it seems thinner.
Fleece usually is just about as thick as you can go safely. I put fleece jackets on my kids (If it's very, very cold, I take off an outer coat in the car). Fleece also is very warm. I think fleece snowsuits are ok in car seats, but each one varies. The rule of thumb is 2 fingers' slack after buckling the child in the carseat that has been adjusted for the coat means too much.
I've also seen some put the coat on backwards, so you can remove it, buckle, and then put it over their arms easily.
Some coats come with a removable fleece insert (Target system jackets I think? I don't remember what it was called), and I use that part for the car. It can get to be a hassle, but it's also a hassle trying to squeeze the buckle over a bulky coat, and at least I know my kids are safer this way.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:27 pm
Ok, Eddie Bauer has a cover that looks fancy. They have one exactly the same as my Gold Bug as well, but I only have seen it in my m-i-l's hospital's store.
Baby Depot in Baltimore had NoJo for $20 and Eddie Bauer fancy vented ones for $30.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics