Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Formula for supplementation
Previous  1  2

chavamom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:
THe thing is, my last two babies were allergic to milk, so giving Similac is not really recommended by my doctor. As far as soy formula goes, I've had some problems with that with two babies, so I'm wondering which formula is least problematic.
(My pediatrician is not forthcoming so I'm posing this question to you smart, experienced ladies.)

Nutramagin (however it's spelled), Allimentum or Neocate (there might be others) would be your only other choice - and there are shitos that hold they are treif, so ask a shaila here.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:27 pm
For the first two days, baby needs very little. Don’t stress yourself about breastfeeding without supplementation at first.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 3:52 pm
I do not advocate 'not nursing at all' during the night. You can nurse at 11 pm and again at 5 or 6 a.m., giving yourself a long-enough break to get some sleep.

The hospital would bring me the baby at 6 a.m.whether he was awake or asleep. I didnt see the point of it. They woke me up for no reason. Couldnt it wait another hour????

chavamom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 4:19 pm
They probably want the babies out of the nursery before the day shift comes on at 7 AM.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics