Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
How do you picture me?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

OldYoung

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:07 pm
Yes, that shriveled old lady from the comic.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:18 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Raisin wrote:
Apart from being small and shrivelled and black (I'm none of those) what do you think I look like?
Nobody holds those things against anyone. Rosa Parks was all of those things, and she was wonderful.

(Apologies for anybody who thinks this was racist. It really wasn't. I would have posted it anonymously, but you can do that on this board.)

She was shrivelled? In the pics ive seen of her she seems quite smooth skinned. I guess she got more shrivelled as she got older though. But I know just how she feels...after going on a mehadrin bus in israel.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:31 pm
I agree about Rosa Parks. Her skin was smooth until the end. But she was a little tiny old lady, so I thought I could get away with calling her shriveled.

I don't know who Maxine from the comic is so I googled her. It's like looking in a mirror! Not physically, but the facial expression.

cookielady

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:32 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I agree about Rosa Parks. Her skin was smooth until the end. But she was a little tiny old lady, so I thought I could get away with calling her shriveled.

I don't know who Maxine from the comic is so I googled her. It's like looking in a mirror! Not physically, but the facial expression.

What about Joanie from Doonesbury? Would that be more accurate than maxine?

Clarissa

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:35 pm
I haven't read any comics in years, but read "Doonesbury" every day in high school and owned every book he did at that time. I do remember Joanie. She was cool and went out with the guy who was based on Bob Woodward? I'll take that.

cookielady

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:37 pm
Doonesbury is more than just a comic!

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:40 pm
Clarissa wrote:

I googled her too and now I am Rolling Laughter .

OldYoung

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 2:37 pm
I guess the only thing worse than Maxine is having a name like Veronica.

You can google her if you don't know who she is...

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 2:43 pm
Clarissa wrote:

I also don't mean this as racist at all, but from what I've seen black people don't wrinkle much. I knew this woman who looked like she was in her 40's-50's, but she was in her late 60's, early 70's.

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 06 2008, 5:06 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

I also don't mean this as racist at all, but from what I've seen black people don't wrinkle much. I knew this woman who looked like she was in her 40's-50's, but she was in her late 60's, early 70's.

Probably because they don't feel the need to sunbathe - which I think causes wrinkling.

Clarissa

Post Sat, Sep 06 2008, 8:29 pm
Raisin wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Probably because they don't feel the need to sunbathe - which I think causes wrinkling.
Actually, they very rarely get wrinkles. Just the nature of their skin. In order for them to get as wrinkly as white people, they have to be out in the sun all the time. White people get wrinkly just going out to get the paper.

pomegranate

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:23 pm
How does it work?
I can try to picture the next person who posts?
anyone ever pictured me?

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:30 pm
often I find I associate the "looks" of the person with their user name, unless I have a really good sense of their personality from their posting a whole lot. I associate pomegranates with adjectives like fresh, rosy, red, exotic, sweet/tart-- But I guess that's not the point.... I'm not sure that this is how this game is played Smile

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:39 pm
Ima'la wrote:
I'm picturing Pocahantas, but that's just because of your screen name! Wink

yup - me too Wink

clarissa wrote:
Who is Maxine?

is this why bubby now has a maxine avatar - Scratching Head

OldYoung

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:49 pm
Something tells me that Bubby feels some sort of connection with Maxine's identity, but I don't think it has anything to do with the looks... She is probably reading this now and laughing! Wink Or maybe her avatar was inspired by the post.

Anyway, I think my generic avatar has got to go. It makes games like this no fun at all.

pomegranate

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 11:47 pm
jellybean wrote:
often I find I associate the "looks" of the person with their user name, unless I have a really good sense of their personality from their posting a whole lot. I associate pomegranates with adjectives like fresh, rosy, red, exotic, sweet/tart-- But I guess that's not the point.... I'm not sure that this is how this game is played Smile

aha. you associate people with their username. I do too a little.
so- you like jellybeans?

mimivan

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 11:50 pm
pomegranate wrote:
jellybean wrote:

aha. you associate people with their username. I do too a little.
so- you like jellybeans?

If people are associated by both their avatars and their usernames, I bet people picture me as some little lady driving a big minivan with a bunch of chassidim dancing in the back (or would that be a mitzvah tank!) LOL
While I do have little dancing chassidim around me, I am terrified of driving...(one of the reasons I don't drive)

mimivan

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 11:53 pm
Clarissa..I have no idea why, but I keep picturing Paul Newman when I think of you...any notion as to why I make that association?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 11:58 pm
How do u play this game? well, you just say how u picture the person.. like when I read a certain posters posts, I think of a certain image of her in my mind.. how I think she probably looks, what her personality is.. you can figure out lots from ppls posts..
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics