Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Not sure what the title should be....

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 4:50 pm
so this has been bothering me for quite some time now. I have two children close together in age, one 20 months and one 7 months. my 20 month old has always been an amazing baby, sleeping well, playing nicely and my 7 mth old was the exact opposite to say the least. he never slept, cried all day...etc.. B"H he is a million times better now, as we realized he had reflux and was just a more demanding baby and we came to terms with that fact. whats bothering me is the fact that I find myself yelling at my exploring 20 mnth old for the dumbest things, ex if she pulls at my glasses almost breaking them, if she turns off my laptop while im on it, if she stands on my table... these are all normal behaviors of a curious baby, but I still get frustrated for that second that she does it and I yell at her no! thats it, thats where it ends, bec shes the cutest thing and I cant get upset at her...I have never yelled at her, but I feel like since I am really busy and stressed I get upset more easily. do pl also get upset at their baby when they do something totally normal, even tho its annoying?? I feel like maybe its bec I have another kid and cant devote a thousand percent to her.... also, im much more lenient in letting my 7 month old cry a little before he goes to sleep whereas I have never let my oldest cry.
basically what I am getting at is that I feel like bec I had another child so close, I do things I thought I would never do, like being okay with the fact that my baby cries for 5 min before he goes to sleep and getting annoyed with an exploring 20 month old...

am I totally weird????

shatzileh

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 4:36 am
I'm not in the same situation, so I can't tell you I do it too, and I won't out and out say that it's okay to yell at your kid for insignificant things. But I have heard that it's okay to let your baby cry for a short amount of time, most especially if you have another child and so long as, in general, you're attentive to him/her.

But I can tell you that you don't sound weird and that you do sound completely normal!

Hatzlacha with them, and may you have much nachas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics