Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Crying/whimpering during nap

Shalshelet

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:48 pm
My dd is 2+ mo old and as she was napping yesterday evening she started whimpering, at times crying, and even making very sad/fearful facial expressions. This would go on for a minute and then she'd be calm again, but a few minutes later it would repeat. This happened about ten times. I was thinking that she was having a nightmare, and was feeling very guilty. . . maybe I'm not taking care of her well enough? maybe I'm not giving her enough attention? Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced anything like this. Thanks.

Leah254

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:53 pm
There's nothing to worry about. All babies do that. DD will cry, make sad faces and weird noises all the time when she sleeps. and if she cried herself to sleep then she hiccups during sleep for the first 20 min.

Shalshelet

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:56 pm
Do you know why this happens? dd has cried in her sleep, but I've never seen her make those pouty faces in her sleep before and she's never had it where it lasted so long!

Leah254

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 8:20 am
It's just something that babies do. It really doesnt mean anything. Once in a while DD will wake up crying like she just woke up from a bad dream. You can ask your pediatrician, maybe they have a medical answer.

Shalshelet

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 6:46 pm
Thanks Leah. Yeah, I realized that dd has also laughed in her sleep (although not for the same amount of time as I noted her crying the other day). I'm wondering if it is a form of neurological development that's happening here. . .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics