Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning Lady Woes :(

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 7:49 pm
Well, my cleaning lady was supposed to come today. She didn't. I called her house, and her kid said that she went to Mexico-- for 2-3 months! Surprised
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN 2-3 MONTHS? shock

What do I do now? How do I go about finding someone else? I went through a few of them, and she is really the best one. Ugh, with the new baby I can barely eke out time for dishes- forget anything bigger, like cleaning the bathroom or washing the floor!

How can I find someone new?

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 7:54 pm
awww...thats awful good luck

goodheart

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 8:13 pm
Im sry to hear that Sad I know how that feels but try an
agency # 718633-5988
u will have to train someone new I hope it works out for u.

bebe3

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 8:25 pm
I can soooooo feel your pain right now. When my k"ah fifth baby came along the begining of Dec. we went to ny and I had left a key for my neighbor to let my cleaning lady in so we could come home to a clean house. We get home and there is a note on the table telling us we don't pay her enough for the work that she does ($12 an hour mind you) and she can't handle it because she has so many other jobs!
So now 3 weeks later my laundry is breeding by the minute, I have not seen my kitchen counters in a very long time and I am forever crunching on cheerios.
Yes it sucks, and yes I am having a cleaning service come in and disinfect my entire house (I USED to be a neat freak, haha) and I am gonna see if they can come weekly. Even though it is so much more costly than a simple person looking to make extra cash, a service always comes, screens their people and two come so they are out of your house in like 2 hours.
If you want to PM me to vent together feel free.
I have to keep reminding myself that when the baby is sleeping atleast 4-6 hours straight I can then stay on top of things, until then I am not hosting the queen so I am chilling out.
But I really know what you are going through.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 9:36 pm
Thanks so much for the sympathies! LOL
Goodheart- thanks for the number! What kind of agency is that? Do they send over Mexican ladies who are looking to be placed at a job? Or is it an official brigade that comes?

bebe, that's so frustrating and disappointing! Especially when you rely on it. This same cleaning lady canceled on me Erev Sukkos. I was due any day, and was relying on her to prepare my house for the birth. And then she just didn't arrive!
It worked out for the best, because I got her to come chol hamoed, and gave birth on Simchas Torah. So the house was cleaned closer to the birth.

Ah, well. I'm just finishing the grieving process right now. LOL I'm up to acceptance.

goodheart

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 9:52 pm
Its mexican ladys but I think that once u train them in it will be good
I know its very fustrating but theres nothing u can do I wish u good luck
and if u need other #s I can get u let me know what happens.

supermama2

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 5:30 am
GAMZu wrote:
Well, my cleaning lady was supposed to come today. She didn't. I called her house, and her kid said that she went to Mexico-- for 2-3 months! Surprised
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN 2-3 MONTHS? shock

What do I do now? How do I go about finding someone else? I went through a few of them, and she is really the best one. Ugh, with the new baby I can barely eke out time for dishes- forget anything bigger, like cleaning the bathroom or washing the floor!

How can I find someone new?

well a few questions my dear GAMZu.. WHY didn't this cleaning lady let you know that she was leaving? She forgot maybe?
Perhaps you could use one of lesser quality temporarily?.. wow...what I would do for any 1/2 decent cleaning lady lol
How old is the bebe now? It takes me a good two months before I'm ready to START tackling the cleaning.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 9:14 am
If you need someone I have a phone number for you just pm me

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 8:30 pm
Sara- well, I dunno why she didn't call me. I think since she doesn't speak such a good English she doesn't enjoy making phone calls? What Figures if she doesn't come, I'll continue to take her anyway because I rely on her?
Or maybe she forgot... kinda hard to forget you are traveling to a different country a week before you leave.
But I'll be dan lekaf zechus and say that maybe a relative of hers got sick and she had to go there urgently and canceling on her clients wasn't first and foremost on her mind.
Orrr... maybe she hated cleaning my house because my boys sure know how to do the job of being boys quite well! LOL

In any case... my girlie is now 12 weeks. I try to clean what I can. Usually light stuff that I do as I go along. I can't really set aside time and say that now I will wash the floors. Survival mode, I'm sure you know! I just make sure the paths to all rooms are cleared, and that's pretty much it. Wink

Goodheart- thanks! It's better for me that these are Mexican ladies, because I feel more comfortable with that than having an official cleaner. I also have much better experiences with Mexican women than others. One Polish lady "washed" my dishes, and put them all away in the cabinets. At first I was slightly annoyed that she put them away, wasting time on something I can easily do myself, but then I saw why she did it- she didn't really wash them at all! There was dried on gunk on the dishes. And she wanted to hide them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics