Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep triaing..

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 11:37 am
I am trying very hard to teach my nearly 5 mnth old to fall asleep himself for naps.
I am trying to hold him till his very tired and then put him down still awake but nearly asleep, which works sometimes.
the other times I put him down he cries for a few mins then I go pick him up and start all over again- this can go on several times.. sometimes after a few times he will fall asleep crying a few mins after I have left.

I dont like to keep him crying for so long- which is why I go in every few mins!

any advice will be appreciated

justmom

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 11:42 am
He is too young-- hold him, love him, nurture him and try sleep training (I think that's the title you were going for)-- when he is about 9 months old

myfriends715

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 2:23 pm
justmom wrote:
He is too young-- hold him, love him, nurture him and try sleep training (I think that's the title you were going for)-- when he is about 9 months old

I dont agree... we sleep trained at 4 months and 5 months

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 2:29 am
myfriends715 wrote:
justmom wrote:

I dont agree... we sleep trained at 4 months and 5 months
I think that every baby is different and will need to start sleep training at different ages. we started at about 7 months. before that it would not have worked.

Seraph

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 3:18 am
justmom wrote:
I dont agree. the older they are the more stubbornly they'll be set in their bad habits. she's not letting him cry it out from what she says. I think its perfectly reasonable to do what shes doing at his age.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 4:07 am
Does the baby take a paci? Some love them and some hate them, but I do home daycare and the paci does help.

I haven't done it, but I did read the baby whisper book. Her basic theory is you stay with the baby, when they cry you pick them up and calm them down, then put down again, rinse and repeat. The message is you are there, but it's time to go to sleep.

Anyway, good luck. I never did sleep stuff so young. I have stubborn babies. B"H they all sleep pretty well by 6 months or so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics