Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
UTI in a 21 month old-how do I know?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 9:49 pm
How do I know if my 21 month old dd has a UTI? She was in the bath today and started saying boo boo and pointing to that area. I had her stand up and asked her where her boo boo is and she said "belly" but pointed to her genitals. Usually when she says belly she points to her belly button. So now I think maybe she has a UTI (only thing I can think of), but how would I know? What are the signs to look for?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:13 pm
No one has any answer for me? I want to know if there is anything to be concerned about, if I should take her to the doctor tomorrow.

mommyof2bah

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:14 pm
Take her to the pediatrician and have her do a urinalysis and ten mins later you will know. Did you try asking her more than once, later in the day if she had a boo-boo?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:17 pm
def. take her to the doc....my sil's kids get them all the time. She gave cranberry bottles - a lot!

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:25 pm
mommyof2bah wrote:
Take her to the pediatrician and have her do a urinalysis and ten mins later you will know. Did you try asking her more than once, later in the day if she had a boo-boo?

She only told this to me in the bath, but I asked her again a few minutes later and the reply was the same. I guess I will ask her again tomorrow morning. So you all think this is a UTI? I never had experience with this so I don't know what to look for. I guess I will probably call/go to the doctor tomorrow.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:47 pm
does it hurt when she pees or all the time? It could be a yeast infection too...

greentiger

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 9:08 am
My baby had a UTI at about 3 months. I only knew because she had a fever. I would say to take her to the Dr. In any case if its a not a UTI they can check if its something else that is bothering her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics