Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Alternative approach (spinoff)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:26 pm
gold21 wrote:
I didnt comment on the usage of the word "ur", is it too much to ask for you to actually read my posts?
no, that was ennui. but you nitpicked my lack of resume to prove intelligence.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:26 pm
I love a good mommy war and this is one of the best!!

My parents weren't non vax, no antibiotics. They were pre vax and antibiotics so by the time my brothers and I were born they had a clue. They didn't want me to wind up like Irene down the block who was living her years out in an iron lung due to polio or like cousin Josh whose face was scarred from the measles, or my father whose lungs were scarred from TB and lack of antibiotics. So many of us have lived long enough to learn our lessons from the past and to judiciously embraced today's medical technologies and research.

Oh and don't bother to engage me in the game with a reply. It's far more fun to watch from the sidelines than waste the energy on some pointless arguments.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:27 pm
EnnuiGalore wrote:
Natural, you're sounding pretty dumb yourself. Your kids aren't healthy because you didn't vaccinate them and don't feed them Cheetos. 🙄

Ha! Vaccines keep a kid healthy! Wow woman I have no more words for u.....

notshanarishona

Generally medicines are prescription only for various reasons such as if it could be dangerous if used without seichal, you need medical knowledge to decide how much or when to use it, it is only for certain situations, it can be addicting, etc.
I imagine Emla is rx only because if used in the wrong places or too much of it it can cause harm.

cnc

MagentaYenta wrote:

My parents weren't non vax, no antibiotics. They were pre vax and antibiotics so by the time my brothers and I were born they had a clue. They didn't want me to wind up like Irene down the block who was living her years out in an iron lung due to polio or like cousin Josh whose face was scarred from the measles, or my father whose lungs were scarred from TB and lack of antibiotics. So many of us have lived long enough to learn our lessons from the past and to judiciously embraced today's medical technologies and research.

Oh and don't bother to engage me in the game with a reply. It's far more fun to watch from the sidelines than waste the energy on some pointless arguments.

LOL LOL

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:28 pm
gold21 wrote:
have you ever taken tylenol yourself?
yes postpartum for relief from afterbirth contractions alternating with motrin/advil

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:29 pm
And "Amother" considering that you are writing anonymously, using incomplete sentences, text "language" , hyperbole, and untrue facts then I have went against my regular train of thought to not say anything.
I think it's dangerous for people to post such posts and only having a lot of people protest and disprove them will keep innocent people from believing your nonsense.

amother
Lemon

amother wrote:

We've given abx three times over our parenting span of 14 years, and only completed the full course of it once. For six kids, in today's world of meds, that's nothing.

Hello Smile from a student of microbiology.
Not completing the full dosage of antibiotics is a great way to make that bacteria stronger. You can think of what you did as giving your child's bacterial infection a vaccine. You administered a tiny dose that doesn't kill the bacteria, and enough that it now knows how to fight the antibiotic in the future--voila, the next time that bacteria comes around it may be resistant to antibiotics.

gold21

amother wrote:
no, that was ennui. but you nitpicked my lack of resume to prove intelligence.

not to prove intelligence, but to prove that you are comfortable making blanket statements that are subjective, not fact-based. "I am the smartest" and "antibiotics is poison" are both blanket statements that are not fact-based.

amother
Copper

MagentaYenta wrote:

Another smart one comparing "those days" when it was needed to today's days where it can be avoided altogether! What has this world come to

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:31 pm
amother wrote:
Hello Smile from a student of microbiology.
Not completing the full dosage of antibiotics is a great way to make that bacteria stronger. You can think of what you did as giving your child's bacterial infection a vaccine. You administered a tiny dose that doesn't kill the bacteria, and enough that it now knows how to fight the antibiotic in the future--voila, the next time that bacteria comes around it may be resistant to antibiotics.

Thank you.
You said it much better than I did. Smile

gold21

amother wrote:
yes postpartum for relief from afterbirth contractions alternating with motrin/advil

but why? is pain inherently bad for you?

many of us feel that yes, pain inherently is bad for you- and thats where motrin and tylenol come in, and why we give it to our kids when needed.

cnc

amother wrote:
Another smart one comparing "those days" when it was needed to today's days where it can be avoided altogether! What has this world come to

Can you expound on this?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:32 pm
gold21 wrote:
not to prove intelligence, but to prove that you are comfortable making blanket statements that are subjective, not fact-based. "I am the smartest" and "antibiotics is poison" are both blanket statements that are not fact-based.

haha. I got you. I did not say "abx is poison" do you even bother reading my posts? (does that sound familiar?)

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:
#1 Why can't u buy it over the counter? Why do u need a prescription for it?! Wow news flash it's unhealthy! In fact it's dangerous to take it for no reason, gee I wonder why.. oh so only when ur sick it's healthy, got it....so why does one need to finish the entire dosage hmm....maybe just cause the dr wants to make sure u really get the illness outa ya

#2 when u take antibiotics ur body stops fighting, cause the meds fighting the illness for u, making ur body weaker n weaker.... I proved it more than once, that's those who take antibiotics get sick more often, cause their body can't fight off infection on their own! And c"v when someone gets really sick with "the machla" their body is depleted n totally can't fight!

Let ur body do it's job! Gosh! Please do keep on top of it and monitor Symptoms etc....not saying to neglect but these days it's totally out of hand!

Youre making me dizzy with all your stupidity but perhaps you can explain the following:

I give antibiotics for bacterial infections.
My children are vaccinated.
Bh they rarely get sick.

Please explain.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:

Ah yes, someone who doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to complain or criticize under a nickname and has to hide behind Ima. LoL. If you want some credibility use your screen name. Have the courage of your convictions. But it's certainly easier for you to stand on an unidentifiable bully pulpit instead.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:35 pm
gold21 wrote:
but why? is pain inherently bad for you?

many of us feel that yes, pain inherently is bad for you- and thats where motrin and tylenol come in, and why we give it to our kids when needed.
most ppl I know give it for fever to lower fever. pain relief is an added benefit. I dont give for fever. the fever needs to run its course and tylenol doesnt heal the underlying cause of fever.
when a kid has pain I try to treat the cause of the pain. unless I cant like a broken foot. even then I'll first try arnica but if it doesnt help I give tylenol/motrin.

nursemomma

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
#1 Why can't u buy it over the counter? Why do u need a prescription for it?! Wow news flash it's unhealthy! In fact it's dangerous to take it for no reason, gee I wonder why.. oh so only when ur sick it's healthy, got it....so why does one need to finish the entire dosage hmm....maybe just cause the dr wants to make sure u really get the illness outa ya

#2 when u take antibiotics ur body stops fighting, cause the meds fighting the illness for u, making ur body weaker n weaker.... I proved it more than once, that's those who take antibiotics get sick more often, cause their body can't fight off infection on their own! And c"v when someone gets really sick with "the machla" their body is depleted n totally can't fight!

Let ur body do it's job! Gosh! Please do keep on top of it and monitor Symptoms etc....not saying to neglect but these days it's totally out of hand!

If you want to make a point, at least make sure it's legitimate first.
If you look back to the first page, I posted how I respect people who are EDUCATED and make informed decisions. It is people like you that throw all "natural minded" parents in a bad light.
For goodness sake, not finishing antibiotics is contributing (in addition to overuse) to the super infections we see today. Using common sense, it is easy to understand that weakest get killed first. By stopping antibiotics early, you are in essence enabling survival of the fittest.
As far as cancer is concerned, your theory fits in with your theme, but sadly not IRL. First of all, in days of yore, people didn't live long enough for their bodies to develop cancer (majority of old people have some growth or another). Second, it is an unfortunate side effect of the world we live in -the food we eat, air we breathe, radio and whatever other waves in the atmosphere etc. Don't fool yourself into thinking you're protected. IIRC, there was a poster who wrote how her mother was only natural...the whole nine yards, and refused to go for her mammograms too. Well, sadly, she died of invasive breast cancer, which had it been caught early...guess if her daughter followed her moms lifestyle?

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
haha. I got you. I did not say "abx is poison" do you even bother reading my posts? (does that sound familiar?)

lol. at least youre witty, and I mean that seriously. LOL

ok, I will get back to you with a blanket statement that you did make.

Water Stones

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:37 pm
Is baby Tylenol bad?? I gave it to my baby two times when she had fever! Can it hurt her??
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics