Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid is really gone!
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
We are just not living that kind of life anymore. It's no longer necessary here.

It's not about everyone else at this point. If you still test positive, you need to do what's right.

Doing otherwise is selfish and can actually cause deaths.

You don't live on an island with no ppl. It is neccassary all over. No matter where you live.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:07 pm
Let's see here, there's 171 new cases reported in Beit Shemesh this week, 4 schools closed, and many families quarantined.

I'm not as optimistic as some of you. Rolling Eyes

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Just wondering, if this would have been 2 months ago- beg. of April, at he height of the pandemic- would they not either have been allowed to ban it?

I've wondered about this, too.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:11 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Let's see here, there's 171 new cases reported in Beit Shemesh this week, 4 schools closed, and many families quarantined.

Thats bc Israel kept everyone locked in. The virus didnt have a chance to spread earlier, now it is.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:17 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Again, Op is talking about BP, Willi....

And actually Israel is proving the point. They contained it well in the beginning and as soon as they opened up, boom, a spike.
BP, Willi.... caught is strong in the beg. and now when they're opening, no spike.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:20 pm
yksraya wrote:
If you still test positive, stay at home! You are still contagious.

No one is saying there wasn't any neglect. What we are saying is, there was far less real neglect (as in racist nurses etc), and far more neglect from overcrowded hospitals that had to choose whom to tend to first. And many many were not neglected but died of the sickness.

Thanks for your unsolicited advise since I seriously wouldn't know this on my own. But I would rather listen to my dr's advice than yours!

I won't discredit that nurses were overworked however this doesn't take away from the fact that patients died from neglect! And this is not third hand info....as patients who recovered whom I know personally are saying this.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

And actually Israel is proving the point. They contained it well in the beginning and as soon as they opened up, boom, a spike.
BP, Willi.... caught is strong in the beg. and now when they're opening, no spike.

Right, but I mentioned it because it sets a pattern. Learn from our mistakes!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you don’t know who Cuomo is stop talking now since your totally not up to date with politics and news! Your probably fine with the 5000 rioters and protestors on the streets of nyc but not fine with anything else like 10 people in a store!
Not everyone on this site is from your daled amot and not even everyone is from new york or even from america, so instead of beign rude, why not explain for those that might not know who that is and what is going on (I know who he is and what is going on but could not just leave this, your response was way too rude)

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:29 pm
The way I summarize this:

If specific neighborhoods had a very high infection rate, and believe they have achieved herd immunity, they could be safe from a new spike if:

1 - people who didn't catch Covid yet remain quarantined

AND/OR

2 - the community remains hermetically sealed off from the rest of the world where the virus is still rampant

AND/OR

3 - immunity lasts long enough for Covid to disappear completely off the face of the earth

Israel is not a good counter-example, because no one thinks Israel is anywhere near herd immunity, precisely because of their careful lockdown.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Aqua, would you say that that herd immunity extends to people who were not infected if they were to travel elsewhere? Also, at what point can we expect the immunity to wane? I have not seen too many opinions that even serious cases grant lifetime immunity.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:33 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
It isn't like all the experts on diseases agree on anything about coronavirus.
Every country has contradictory studies. Every location differs from another.

And yes, if my rabbi contradicted R Kanievsky I would listen to my rabbi.

Our drs have been collecting data and updating us from the beginning of the outbreak, giving us clear guidelines. Specific to this community (within Brooklyn) we have over 70% herd immunity. Socializing and its mental health benefits far supercede the tiny covid risk.

Who says so? On what do you base your last statement?

freilich

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:34 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Because there's no constitutional right to play in a playground. Or to attend a funeral.

True.

Deblasio was bound to the first amendment. However, the reaction could of been different regardless of the laws. He should, and I say should, not could, condemned what was going on. He should of stopped the rioting and looting.

Instead, he showed his true racist colors! Sorry for the hypocrisy.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
And just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it's unsafe. Get it?

That's true - but I wasn't the one complaining about the politics and the laws - YOU were.
You were the one complaining that other people can do unsafe things and it's legal and you want to do unsafe things too.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:35 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
They're not anonymous in my community and it's not so hard to find what they've written publicly. But it's specific to this community. If you look through some Jewish news websites you can find it for yourself.

Then why won't you post any links or names?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:35 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Not true according to my dr
Someone can test positive for months and not be contagious. Apparently virus fragments can remain enough to be picked up by the test but not strong enough to transmit the virus.
As long as you're symptom free for 14 days, no need to quarantine anymore. Even if you test positive.

They just announced that people with no symptoms can still transmit it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:38 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I do want to just thank OP for being my entertainment right now during these hard times. I'm having so much fun reading all this conspiracy theories and cracking up that real people actual think it's real.

You’re laughing but I think it’s scary that people could believe what she does and worse that she’s spreading her views,

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:41 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
THERE IS NO HERD IMMUNITY TO THIS VIRUS, FULL STOP.
And anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Or is a fool

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:47 pm
Can someone explain this to me cuz I'm dumb
People are dying from neglect in hospitals but also there is no danger of getting sick?

Miri1

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:07 pm
yksraya wrote:
It's too soon for science to have researched that properly. Impossible for your dr to know that as a fact. There are too many unkowns. If you absolutely have to go out, do SD, masks and gloves, and make sure not to visit those that are most at risk.

The quoted below is sourced with a link.
Also, before you read it, do realize that in the States many with mild illness are told simply to wait a prescribed number of days (less than 30). There is definitely some variation in guidelines

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

The Health Ministry instituted a change on Tuesday regarding the status of coronavirus carriers, who until now were required to test negative twice for the coronavirus before being released from quarantine.

The ministry informed the Kupot Cholim (HMOs) that coronavirus carriers can now be released from quarantine after 30 days if they weren’t hospitalized during that time and are no longer experiencing symptoms. Once 30 days have passed, patients can be released even if their last test for the coronavirus showed positive results. The reason for the change is that – according to the health ministry – new research shows that coronavirus carriers will not transmit the virus to others after 30 days.

It should be noted that until now, there were coronavirus patients who were in quarantine up to 70 days until they finally tested negative for the virus.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:09 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Can someone explain this to me cuz I'm dumb
People are dying from neglect in hospitals but also there is no danger of getting sick?

Ya,
It’s all a conspiracy. People need attention so pretend to be sick but then wind up dead from neglect. Doctors/ nurses all hospital personnel are bored and want to spend more time shvitzing in Ppe so 1+1=2.

(Do I have to make it clear that this mega sarcasm alert?)
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics