Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid is really gone!
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Can someone explain this to me cuz I'm dumb
People are dying from neglect in hospitals but also there is no danger of getting sick?

No one is saying there's no danger in getting sick and that this disease Is very deadly however that being said there were lots of needless deaths that occurred due to neglect

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
They just announced that people with no symptoms can still transmit it.

And they announced two days ago the opposite! So no one knows who or what is contagious.

After being quarantined In My house for 8 weeks I have antibodies and my father for 11 weeks has antibodies so go explain that.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And they announced two days ago the opposite! So no one knows who or what is contagious.

After being quarantined In My house for 8 weeks I have antibodies and my father for 11 weeks has antibodies so go explain that.

All it means is the assays are very unreliable. And we don’t even know what positive antibodies means in this case.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:49 pm
I did not read the whole thread, but the title is CRAZY. How can it be over with spikes in hospitalizations in Arizona, Florida, and California, with those health care systems all saying they will soon reach full bed capacity and blaming it on reopening too early? How can it be over with predictions of 200,000 deaths by September? How can it be over if it hasn't been two weeks since all these protests so we can see the results on virus spread? How can it be over if Dr. Fauci, an infectious disease researcher, just said "This is only the beginning "? Where are you getting your information that "it's over"?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yeah? And my brother, my dh, and I all had it and tested negative for antibodies. Explain that, dr op.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I cannot imagine being quarantined for 8 weeks. No one coming into the house. No one going out, not even to take out the trash. Not going to the grocery store or drug store, even. Any packages and groceries being left at the front door, to be furtively carried inside and disinfected only when no one else is around. How did you manage?

There are false positives. But otherwise, you were infected more than 8 weeks ago, or you didn't disinfect things as well as you might have.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I cannot imagine being quarantined for 8 weeks. No one coming into the house. No one going out, not even to take out the trash. Not going to the grocery store or drug store, even. Any packages and groceries being left at the front door, to be furtively carried inside and disinfected only when no one else is around. How did you manage?

There are false positives. But otherwise, you were infected more than 8 weeks ago, or you didn't disinfect things as well as you might have.

Re: the bolded. All of us who have actually done the lockdown (I am not in the USA) have been indoors all this time. We have a back yard and we do take trash out. The grocery stores deliver. I can’t imagine myself or my family in the hospital needing a ventilator so for me, the small sacrifice of being indoors is nothing.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:16 pm
yksraya wrote:
It's not about everyone else at this point. If you still test positive, you need to do what's right.

Doing otherwise is selfish and can loop actually cause deaths.

You don't live on an island with no ppl. It is neccassary all over. No matter where you live.

It's not selfish. We are following our drs instructions.
You may disagree with the medical professionals here but that is hardly persuasive.

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:55 pm
Miri1 wrote:
The quoted below is sourced with a link.
Also, before you read it, do realize that in the States many with mild illness are told simply to wait a prescribed number of days (less than 30). There is definitely some variation in guidelines

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

The Health Ministry instituted a change on Tuesday regarding the status of coronavirus carriers, who until now were required to test negative twice for the coronavirus before being released from quarantine.

The ministry informed the Kupot Cholim (HMOs) that coronavirus carriers can now be released from quarantine after 30 days if they weren’t hospitalized during that time and are no longer experiencing symptoms. Once 30 days have passed, patients can be released even if their last test for the coronavirus showed positive results. The reason for the change is that – according to the health ministry – new research shows that coronavirus carriers will not transmit the virus to others after 30 days.

It should be noted that until now, there were coronavirus patients who were in quarantine up to 70 days until they finally tested negative for the virus.

Sources won't help as it is all so new and every day they keep giving contradictory sources. It will take a good long time, perhaps years, deffinitely months for proper research.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:57 pm
Arizona will be relieved to know COVID is finally gone!

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
It's not selfish. We are following our drs instructions.
You may disagree with the medical professionals here but that is hardly persuasive.

If you in particular still test positive and are not cautious enough that others don't get infected from you, I call it selfish.

Your doctor did not study this in science. Your doctor doesn't know enough yet. He should've been the one telling you to stay home till you test negetive.

Miri1

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:29 pm
yksraya wrote:
Sources won't help as it is all so new and every day they keep giving contradictory sources. It will take a good long time, perhaps years, definitely months for proper research.

Then you would have to take that up with the Health Ministry and other health authorities, not individuals following instructions.

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:47 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Then you would have to take that up with the Health Ministry and other health authorities, not individuals following instructions.

1. They only follow the instructions they care to follow.

2. If I take something up with the health ministry, it would be the not letting someone to be with patients, at all times, and especially towards end of life. Had they let 1 person per patient at all times, more care would've been given to each patient as the family member can give water etc (if permissible) while the nurse is busy with others. Besides for having someone there to advocate at all times.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:49 pm
yksraya wrote:
1. They only follow the instructions they care to follow.

2. If I take something up with the health ministry, it would be the not letting someone to be with patients, at all times, and especially towards end of life. Had they let 1 person per patient at all times, more care would've been given to each patient as the family member can give water etc (if permissible) while the nurse is busy with others. Besides for having someone there to advocate at all times.

I wish it were so simple. I agree that the individual patients would be better off, but family members have a tendency to wander around. They would have put others in danger. Isolating patients wasn't an illogical decision, but one made in desperation.

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I wish it were so simple. I agree that the individual patients would be better off, but family members have a tendency to wander around. They would have put others in danger. Isolating patients wasn't an illogical decision, but one made in desperation.

But they did let some ppl in. Like with kids or some other lucky ones. And those ppl were told to stay only with patient in room, or only that floor etc. They could've made some policy and let a family member in.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:42 pm
yksraya wrote:
If you in particular still test positive and are not cautious enough that others don't get infected from you, I call it selfish.

Your doctor did not study this in science. Your doctor doesn't know enough yet. He should've been the one telling you to stay home till you test negetive.

The research is out there. Perhaps you haven't seen it yet.
Why do you consider yourself more knowledgeable than a family physician who has worked for decades in my community, throughout many different outbreaks?
A quick google search showed me links to the info I quoted above. Virus fragments will make you test positive but do not make you contagious. Go ahead and google for yourself.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:54 pm
My brother in the tri state was symptomatic with fever and tested positive today. He doesn’t know where he got it from...

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

A quick google search showed me links to the info I quoted above. Virus fragments will make you test positive but do not make you contagious. Go ahead and google for yourself.

The mighty Google... whatever comes up in a google search must be true 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Why do you consider yourself more knowledgeable than a family physician who has worked for decades in my community, throughout many different outbreaks?

I’ve been in constant direct contact with an infectious disease Dr and all I can tell you is that there’s lots of garbage floating around on this thread (referring to ops type posts).
I don’t know who your family Dr is and don’t care how long he’s been practicing, but I’ll trust my Covid unit working, researching infectious disease Dr faster than the best pediatrician or family doctor...

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

And how many years have they studied this science?
Page 10 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics