Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
So much good advice- how old are you?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:47 pm
I am younger than most...under 25, but I consider myself worldly in that I have seen many different ends of the Frum (and not so Frum) spectrum in my life.

Oh yea, and I am pursuing a career in one of the mental health professions (not saying what type so as not to give away my identity IRL), so I natrually look at things through the lens of how I am taught to do so.

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:52 pm
Three times six and four times seven,
Twenty-eight and eleven
-- I'm just a young thing, and cannot leave my mother

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:21 pm
34 but Ive been on this site foreeeeeeever Smile

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 6:38 pm
Chayalle wrote:
21 +. Probably a few more + than some amothers, and less + than the rest.....

Around 37, give or take a few months, huh? LOL

maliza

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 6:51 pm
"Three times six and four times seven,
Twenty-eight and eleven
-- I'm just a young thing, and cannot leave my mother"

I'm sure you've good advice for cherry pie! : )

Emotional

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 7:27 pm
I believe there are factors that make a person a good advice giver - that have very little to do with age:
1) overall maturity
2) experience in the matter at hand
3) the ability to see the situation through the eyes of the person seeking advice - despite your own experience in the matter at hand
4) the ability to be non-judgemental
5) perhaps most importantly - the ability to admit when it's not your place to give advice.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 8:22 pm
You expect me to remember how old I am? At my age, it gets harder and harder to remember things like that.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 9:04 pm
In my profile.
<---

I'm not ashamed of my age. I only made it this long by the grace of G-d.

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:36 pm
My last birthday I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

Actually, I started counting down when I hit 30. But dont want to be a teenager again, so started counting up again when I hit 20. SO I am now the exact same age as my oldest son!

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:37 pm
chocolate chips wrote:

Oh but I am forever 21 Wink

No your not forever21-thats a different poster-you are chocolate chips! If you are forgetting that already, maybe your age is starting to show!?!?

roika

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 2:28 am
Gotta learn to respect you all, since you all seem to be older than me. I'm only 20+ and I've been like that ever since I got married - don't know if I'll ever hit 21... LOL

grace413

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 2:29 am
119, so be nice to me, I could be gone any day now.

bamamama

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 3:18 am
18. I married young...

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 3:21 am
grace413 wrote:
119, so be nice to me, I could be gone any day now.

and the plot thickens....nice to meet you, I'm from "Kayla's Koffins" - our motto is "Befoe you get into a Grave Situation, why not consider ours?"

Feel free to call before you hit 120 (but not today - I'm buried in work Wink )

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 3:22 am
Oops, that was "Before", not "Befoe"

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 3:59 am
I actually find the question to the point. Usually you can tell from the posts who is older and who is younger. Save a few very mature posters who I was shocked to find out were so young!
I am 52. Oy, that sounds so old.

imaima

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 6:42 am
greenfire wrote:
how can you ask this behind a mask ... come out in the open & ask how old I am ... I might even give you a bonus booby trap size

Why? Are you in shidduchim?

mommyshani

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 8:10 am
I had my bas mitzvah a while ago. (How long - now that's a different story)

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 8:11 am
I agree with the question amother asked. I was part of this site for a while and then I joined a couple of fb groups - where I see who posts and more or less get the overall picture of who they are etc. It was a big eye opener for me. When people post replies with absolute certainty - I always figured there was some sort if truth to what they wrote- one cannot be that dumb to write complete nonsense with 100 certainty. And then I get to meet these people and I see that lots of them are young people who do not have lots of life experience but have very strong opinions and they see an easy forum to preach their opinions and feel "mature" and grown up.

True it says in Pirkei avos a smart person can learn from everyone- but there is also the concept of " who is a smart person- one who does not speak up before one who is older/greater/ more experienced.

Even basing opinions on my own experiences is not fool proof- what worked once or what I believed at one point, may just have been unique for that situation.

I am not saying these forums and discussions should close down- I do think that people should recognize their place and the fact that there is always more to learn and the opinion of one that is older and more experienced is not equal to theirs but actually should give them something to think about

Ps that's why when I see posts from pple with bubby or grandma in their user name I tend to respect their thoughts more

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 9:11 am
im 33
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational