Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid is really gone!
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:23 am
yksraya wrote:
While I agree the worst is behind us. And I agree the world can reopen. I disagree that most ppl died of neglact. I sat shiva after someone who got very good care and was not neglected.

There were many cases of neglect. Many cases where the hospitals were short staffed etc. But at the same time, many smaller hospitals with less patients, or hospitals that just did their best in general. Yet still many succumbed to the numerous infections associated with the havoc corona causes on the airways.

Lets reopen, but lets not keep our heads in the sand.

Thanks for being a voice of reason with your level-headed posts on this topic.

I can't wrap my head around all the posters on here who keep making as if this virus is nothing.

Originally they had all excuses why it's happening in China, Italy, Iran and said it definitely won't have the same repercussions in US.

Once they see it was even worse in US, they now say that's only because of neglect.

What do people gain from dismisisng it's threat?

(Of course the danger may have passed now in NY and other areas, but that doesn't take away from how dangerous it is when spreading. Look what's happening now in Brazil and the rest of the Americas.)

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
And don't tell me it's just from neglect because I don't live in NY and the people I know who died don't live in NY either. This is a global pandemic and it's astonishing how people here keep trying to pretend that it's all a made-up conspiracy when you have all this evidence around you.

Right??

OK, let's say in NYC the only problem was hospital neglect. Let's say 100% of fatalities in Brooklyn were due to hospital neglect. What about the entire rest of the world? Look at the people dying in Massachusetts or Sweden or Tel Aviv - dying no matter how good the doctors are and no matter what they do - are those people literally invisible to you?

I'm not even talking about caring on an emotional level, but could we at least get an intellectual awareness that they exist and their deaths should be part of the equation?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:26 am
In 2018 an average of 80,000 people died of the flu
In 2019 and average of 65,000 people died of the flu

It’s not called a pandemic they believe they know how it works and they have a vaccine but yet so many die and it’s not mentioned.

And for those that are saying oh the hospitals were good. I’m glad you had a good experience but really the high numbers were due to neglect and yes I know lots of stories first hand

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So it’s like the flu, hatzolah has not treated corona patients in weeks one here and there ain’t an outbreak. People get sick stay home just what normal people gotta do. A second wave seriously when they don’t know much about it they don’t know about a second wave at all they speculating.
So let’s all stay home watch our kids need massive mental health. Watch our teens do drugs and what not. Wake up we need to move on in life!

Dear, if the kids in the areas you mentioned turn to drugs after 3 months of not being in school and now no camp, it means you need to work with them on resilience. Although from what I read on here, it seems like your areas never stopped school and will be having camp, so no idea why you are all kvetching so much.

Although its interesting. You don't see the yeshivish, MO, JPF, whatever kids turning to drugs and other massive mental health crisis you seem to claim so flippantly. And they have been home for real, not "home, aka, going to secret cheder".

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:27 am
I’m not sure why but this reminds me of my friends who do the measles lollipops thing

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:28 am
simcha2 wrote:
Tell it to Texas

And Arizona

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:29 am
watergirl wrote:
Dear, if the kids in the areas you mentioned turn to drugs after 3 months of not being in school and now no camp, it means you need to work with them on resilience. Although from what I read on here, it seems like your areas never stopped school and will be having camp, so no idea why you are all kvetching so much.

Although its interesting. You don't see the yeshivish, MO, JPF, whatever kids turning to drugs and other massive mental health crisis you seem to claim so flippantly. And they have been home for real, not "home, aka, going to secret cheder".

Those that deal with at risk teens in every area say there cases are sky high by the time summer is over it will be 6 months of teens doing nothing. I can say one thing for sure you do not have teenagers at home right now

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It’s not called a pandemic they believe they know how it works and they have a vaccine but yet so many die and it’s not mentioned.

And for those that are saying oh the hospitals were good. I’m glad you had a good experience but really the high numbers were due to neglect and yes I know lots of stories first hand

You're comparing confirmed covid deaths to estimated flu deaths.

Why am I not surprised.

What is surprising, though, is that you're not noticing that even those numbers still show that covid19 is more fatal than the flu. The US death toll from covid19 is over 114,000, and that's in less than half a year. 114,000 > 80,000.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I’m not sure why but this reminds me of my friends who do the measles lollipops thing

I’m a pro vaxxer and pro medicine! But this pandemic made me research stuff and opened my eyes.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For all those concerned over covid I want to point a few things out and this applies to Brooklyn, monsey and Monroe
1. Shuls have been open over 3 weeks and there have been no new breakouts.
2. Schools for boys have been open 6-8 weeks and no new breakouts
3. Stores have been open in all above locations and no new breakouts.
Our pandemic killed people due to neglect nothing more. The stories from hospitals are hair raising.
Another fact:
The Infection Fatality Rate for COVID-19 is somewhere between 0.07-0.20%, in line with seasonal flu

This covid has turned political more then anything else. There’s is really very slight risks now just like any other diseases.
Also the places that didn’t fully lockdown have herd immunity.

I work in healthcare and I live in monsey.
You are absolutely incorrect.
We definitely still have brand new positives diagnosed every day, and the virus is still just as dangerous as it ever was.
The people I watched die did not die from neglect. They died as attentive, caring medical personell hovered over them and wrung their hands saying "I have no idea what to do".

Your "this is over" theory is preposterous and also dangerous, because if anyone believes you and stops wearing masks etc, that contributes to the spread even more!

The best way to think of this is, if 2 months ago 100 million terrorists were marching through the streets of brooklyn, monroe, and monsey, and now its "only 1 million" that are still here marching, are they gone?

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Let me tell you. Although unfortunetely there were many cases of neglect, most cases were not from neglect. Even in many of the cases where ppl yelled neglect, if you speak with the family you'll see it wasn't really the case. Yes there wasn't much to do as they did not know how to handle, which meds to use etc. But most hospitals did try everything the can dream of possibly. They did not let ppl rot as you imagine it to be.

I'm happy for you, you can be in such denial. It was not a planned murder by hospitals. It was a terrible m'gaifa.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:32 am
ora_43 wrote:

Why am I not surprised.

What is surprising, though, is that you're not noticing that even those numbers still show that covid19 is more fatal than the flu. The US death toll from covid19 is over 114,000, and that's in less than half a year. 114,000 > 80,000.

The confirmed flu cases yearly are less than 10K (cases where flu listed as cause of death.) Compare that to the Covid numbers...

amother
OP

ora_43 wrote:

Why am I not surprised.

Every death since March has been labeled covid so sure the numbers are inflated! And then the neglect was terrible people died from not getting there trachs cleaned! People died cause the plugs were pulled. People died just cause of there age meaning wasn’t worth saving them

amother
Hotpink

Ora in town wrote:
No, Covid is not gone.
We don't know whether Covid is gone.
Covid went around unidentified in New York for about two months.
After 3 weaks, it's to early to say if it's gone.

Without systematic testing, cases in schools might not be identified... because children very often do not develop symptoms...

You're the prophet, no? Has the stuff reached the fan already? You warned us every week that it's coming, and we are 2 months open already! BH, Hashem is in charge and no new cases in the communities OP mentioned.

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:33 am
For the life of me I don't understand why so many people who want to reopen NYC make their argument by doubling down on obvious mistruths.

"Covid19 is dangerous, but at this point, continuing the shutdown is even more dangerous" is a much, much more convincing argument than

"Covid19 is a non-issue, it was never even fatal in the first place, nothing to see here, just butterflies and rainbows and happy kittens, wheeee."

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Every death since March has been labeled covid so sure the numbers are inflated! And then the neglect was terrible people died from not getting there trachs cleaned! People died cause the plugs were pulled. People died just cause of there age meaning wasn’t worth saving them

Actually, covid19 cases are underreported. Even with the reported covid19 cases, there's a significant increase in the monthly mortality rate in areas hit by covid that's still not accounted for.

It seems likely that many unexplained natural deaths - largely older/at-risk people dying at home of sudden strokes, things like that - were in fact covid-linked.

southernbubby

amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I work in healthcare and I live in monsey.
You are absolutely incorrect.
We definitely still have brand new positives diagnosed every day, and the virus is still just as dangerous as it ever was.
The people I watched die did not die from neglect. They died as attentive, caring medical personell hovered over them and wrung their hands saying "I have no idea what to do".

Your "this is over" theory is preposterous and also dangerous, because if anyone believes you and stops wearing masks etc, that contributes to the spread even more!

The best way to think of this is, if 2 months ago 100 million terrorists were marching through the streets of brooklyn, monroe, and monsey, and now its "only 1 million" that are still here marching, are they gone?

Can you please send this as a letter to the Monsey Mevasser?

watergirl

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Those that deal with at risk teens in every area say there cases are sky high by the time summer is over it will be 6 months of teens doing nothing. I can say one thing for sure you do not have teenagers at home right now

LOL! Other than my 16 year old and my 20 year old stepson you mean? My stepson was with me since this started because his yeshiva closed and he went back today. My 16 year old is home with me. (And I am posting under my username, unlike you, so you can feel free to go back through my posts and see how many times I've referenced my teens so you know I'm not making it up.) So now I can take all of the other things you are "saying for sure" and seeing the wild assumptions you are jumping to.

Now you are modifying what you said before. Now you are saying you are talking about teens at risk.
You said
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So let’s all stay home watch our kids need massive mental health. Watch our teens do drugs and what not. Wake up we need to move on in life!

Now you are just talking about kids already at risk. Gotcha.

Yes, there are kids at risk everywhere. I would hope that the ones who are at risk are already being watched and under care. For a typical, not at risk kid, a few months at home with parents will not make a serious mental health crisis and will certainly not create new drug addicts. Yes, I am sure some kids will turn to drugs out of boredom but certainly not in the "massive" way you claimed.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
You warned us BH, Hashem is in charge and no new cases in the communities OP mentioned.

Please read my post a few posts back, where I discuss my experience as a healthcare worker in one of the communities OP mentioned. Yes there ARE new cases, stop perpetuating falsehood.

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I first hand know someone who deals with at risk teens and young adults. I find it is not so true. Many of those teens started to bloom way more now in quarantine. And many of them quarantined togather as groups with friends. The harmony and happiness was amazing. Many of them actually did volunteer work, lots of chessed. They were thriving!
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics