Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDY did it
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I find this thread insensitive as we have a simultaneous thread running with mother's crying that they can't get their daughters into school in Monsey.

So what a great idea to open a thread basically praising a school that mothers are dying for but have no access to.

A little seichel on timing please.
the opposite. This is the school on everybody’s bad list but the school that is willing to accept your daughter . That’s the point of this thread. To show you the truth about this great school.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:34 pm
I find this thread insensitive as we have a simultaneous thread running with mother's crying that they can't get their daughters into school in Monsey.

So what a great idea to open a thread basically praising a school that mothers are dying for but have no access to.

This is the school everyone in the other thread is bashing, the one that accepts them but they don’t want to go.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:36 pm

BDY is not a school that is hard to get in to! The OP of the Monsey school thread specified she wouldn't consider BDY for her daughter. It's not exclusive enough for her. It's not exclusive, as it was founded with the mission of to not exclude frum families.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:39 pm
I doubt any PR or a thread how amazing BDY is on imamother (will wait and see how long it lasts until the bashers show up) will change anyone's viewpoint.
The only thing that will change the status of BDY is if they suddenly slam their door in people's faces and start playing hard to get. Suddenly people will clamor to get in.
But since the founder of the school is extremely against this, it ain't happening.
Wait till those that can't fargin a nice thread on this school show up, they usually do.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:45 pm
Last nights performance filled me with so much joy and nachas! My girls love their school and their school loves having them. I wouldn’t trade that for anything!!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
BDY is not a school that is hard to get in to! The OP of the Monsey school thread specified she wouldn't consider BDY for her daughter. It's not exclusive enough for her. It's not exclusive, as it was founded with the mission of to not exclude frum families.

Oh I misunderstood then.

Eh, her loss.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I doubt any PR or a thread how amazing BDY is on imamother (will wait and see how long it lasts until the bashers show up) will change anyone's viewpoint.
The only thing that will change the status of BDY is if they suddenly slam their door in people's faces and start playing hard to get. Suddenly people will clamor to get in.
But since the founder of the school is extremely against this, it ain't happening.
Wait till those that can't fargin a nice thread on this school show up, they usually do.

I'm sure they will become picky with time. They have great potential in growing into a super top school.
Dont bash me on this, but I remember years ago when schools where easier to get into, Bsm had same name as bdy today. and now people are pushing to get in . I btw compare bdy a lot to bsm when they opend.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:33 am
thunderstorm wrote:
the opposite. This is the school on everybody’s bad list but the school that is willing to accept your daughter . That’s the point of this thread. To show you the truth about this great school.

I just want to add, kol hakavod to the school. True, the public productions and events get me nervous
but I'm not going to bash whole communities. I'm so glad it exists and happy for OP and all the happy parents and supporters.
I won't post again about what other schools and communities are doing.

Lovable

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
This should be the standard reply to covid comments in unrelated threads!

LOL totally!!! Finally an all in one response to these covid posters who dont seem to fargin a post that doesnt include anything regarding covid

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:48 pm
My friend sent me videos from the performance, I'm beyond impressed! Every girl in the school, from 1st grade - 12th grade was in it, it was so so so cute! Such a good idea for a school to do.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:51 pm
The comic cook on Instagram has videos and comments in her stories. Really beautiful how they included all students and the theme of gratitude was also so beautiful.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:54 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
The comic cook on Instagram has videos and comments in her stories. Really beautiful how they included all students and the theme of gratitude was also so beautiful.

It was really cute, It's so impressive.
Instead of focusing on high academic achievement and high learning level, they focus on middos tovos and ahavas hashem.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
It was really cute, It's so impressive.
Instead of focusing on high academic achievement and high learning level, they focus on middos tovos and ahavas hashem.

Btw they are a regents approved school. So they need to be on a certain level they ain’t low learning

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:09 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Btw they are a regents approved school. So they need to be on a certain level they ain’t low learning

I didn't say they're low learning level. I said they focus on middos and ahavas hashem more than they focus on academics. Good middos is more important than good marks. Some schools focus so much on high academic achievement that the middos are rotten.
But are you sure they take regents?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:12 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I didn't say they're low learning level. I said they focus on middos and ahavas hashem more than they focus on academics. Good middos is more important than good marks.
But are you sure they take regents?

Yes it’s only I believe last two years

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:26 pm
Yes they are on a more higher level compared to other hiemish schools. Again ,its a great school with great potential. The only negative part what people are basting at is that they accept easier. Instead it should be something to look up at , people view it as a booboo for the school . One day people will fight to get in and maybe then people will start to view the school differently.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:28 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Yes I saw that! Kudos to her!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes they are on a more higher level compared to other hiemish schools. Again ,its a great school with great potential. The only negative part what people are basting at is that they accept easier. Instead it should be something to look up at , people view it as a booboo for the school . One day people will fight to get in and maybe then people will start to view the school differently.

I don't think they're on a higher level. My friend that sends there says they're a normal level, which is one of the things she loves about the school. They tried to learn on a higher level but too many kids needed extra help so they lowered it to regular learning level. I love schools with normal learning level and not high & girls end up struggling. I wish wish my girls school lowers their level. They're on such a high level that 1/2 of the school gets remedial.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:47 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Did BDY have a performance last nite? During Covid? Indoors because it's too cold for outside in Monsey.

How can you call it an erlich school when they chose to expose hundreds of people to Covid for a performance? Are they so open-minded that their brains fell out?

We are not talking about davening or school, we are talking about something that can be pushed off to next year or never.

[b]

Seriously? Who asked you? Get a life!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Seriously? Who asked you? Get a life!

Would love an update in about two weeks,about any covid spread...
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics