Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Has anyone downloaded the App from Raizy Fried?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:52 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
I don't speak Yiddish, but to me it looks like plain old jealousy with a dash of sinas Chinam.

Exactly.
There's no one word English definition for the word imfargin, but you're pretty accurate with your description.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:54 pm
Gosh people are mean here.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:00 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
First, we are allowed to ask questions about it, just like we ask questions about any other business (and yes, this is a business even if her name is part of the business). She is making money off of this so its no different than asking if a restaurant is good or if a clothing store has certain size clothings etc. No need to get upset about it.
Second, my understanding is that she just copied Malky Knopfler and may be taking business away from her. I wonder if Raizy asked a Rav if it was ok. And my question still stands on how this app is more kosher than any other social media platform given that frum women were told not to go on social media. I dont see why this cant be discussed just like anything else is discussed.
I wonder if you are really Raizy who is upset to see this thread so you are speaking out against it lol Wink

You're allowed to ask questions, yes. But the negativity, criticism, and outright lashon hora is just immature, jealousy, and imfargin.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:10 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
You're allowed to ask questions, yes. But the negativity, criticism, and outright lashon hora is just immature, jealousy, and imfargin.

I dont see any of that here, just people discussing a business which is what her brand is even if she puts her name on it. Not sure why some people perceive these discussions as negative, jealousy or immature when it comes to discussing a business. But if you dont want your business to be discussed then perhaps it could be on the banned list of things that we cant discuss on imamother just like another business (I wont mention the name of that business) that threatened to sue Yael because people were discussing it on imamother. Just let Yael know that you dont want your business discussed on instagram otherwise you have to be open to hearing both positive and negative reviews of your business.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:40 pm
Ive seen her watsapp status and think she is very geshikt and discusses real life topics however another thing that wont have me download her app is the fact that she makes life seem perfect, organized, always well dressed and spotless house ect. I dont find that relatable to most women.
I think people would appreciate realness, sharing real life struggles, imperfection, real honest daily living issues and stressors. If she somehow can include that with her life hacks and recipes she may have many more customers

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:54 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
I dont see any of that here, just people discussing a business which is what her brand is even if she puts her name on it. Not sure why some people perceive these discussions as negative, jealousy or immature when it comes to discussing a business. But if you dont want your business to be discussed then perhaps it could be on the banned list of things that we cant discuss on imamother just like another business (I wont mention the name of that business) that threatened to sue Yael because people were discussing it on imamother. Just let Yael know that you dont want your business discussed on instagram otherwise you have to be open to hearing both positive and negative reviews of your business.

I don't have a business.
But there's definitely lashon hora about her personally being spoken on this thread, that has nothing to do with her app. On imamother, people sometimes feel a need to put down others that are successful or creative. It stems from jealousy and not fargining.

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 10:04 pm
Chassidim bashing at its best.
It’s not my type of thing either, but I can see why people would enjoy it.
It’s no different than various movies and shows where each genre talks to other people.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 10:10 pm
I highly doubt that the idea came from Malkys show since this is not a project that can come to fruition in days... she must have bee working on this for while before announcing it.
I dont have the app so I cannot be certain about this best part... but I believe that the difference between an app like that and social media is the SOCIAL part. An app is not an interaction as instagram presents. It's a merely a way to watch the content that one creator puts out.

Kol hakovod on her efforts to providing quality entertainment and inspiration to women.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 10:23 pm
This is the current trend in the world. Jewish and not. To make an app with content, videos, pdfs, recipes, articles etc.. no one copied anyone it’s the item of the times.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 10:34 pm
I signed up for the free trial and tho it does sound interesting, she sounds very commercialized on there. I dont think it would be worth it enough for me to spend $10 a month on it
somehow on her stories she can be more authentic

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:01 pm
I just find that the fact that she defines herself as a chadishe lady with a tichel band doesn’t go together with producing a App

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just find that the fact that she defines herself as a chadishe lady with a tichel band doesn’t go together with producing a App

So now you've just admitted that you opened this thread solely to bash, on the pretext of wanting to get reviews before signing up.

It's elul ladies.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:23 pm
I downloaded it and find it very interesting.
She has interviews with people, recipes, party ideas etc.
it’s basically $2.50 a week for an hour of entertainment.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:57 pm
Who is she and what is the app. I live oot and never heard about all of this.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:01 pm
amother OP wrote:

Oh my, what a disgusting thing to post. Such lashon hora. Oozing with sinas chinam.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

Please please fargin! you can find your own niche in the chassidish business world if you truly want to...

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

Chasidishe ladies clearly have a need for entertainment and she is trying to fill that need in an appropriate way for them. If you don't like it don't pay for the service. I'm not, but I understand what she is trying to do and clearly people are interested. It's a more "kosher" form of entertainment and people want that. If you don't, move on.

crust

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

Why? Do you know how an app is created? That it is basically a technical thing and you can hire someone to do it for you?

Do you know how many chassidishe women work in IT? Is that also wrong?

Do you think that typing is ok for a chassidishe women? If you think it is then why is typing more ok than creating an app?

Is it because it is new and you're afraid who knows where this will lead to and who knows what other women will do next?

I really want to know. I want to understand your way of thinking.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 11:26 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Chasidishe ladies clearly have a need for entertainment and she is trying to fill that need in an appropriate way for them. If you don't like it don't pay for the service. I'm not, but I understand what she is trying to do and clearly people are interested. It's a more "kosher" form of entertainment and people want that. If you don't, move on.

And it's not only geared for chassidish women. It's geared for all women. The women she brings on the show are not chassidish.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 11:26 pm
crust wrote:
Why? Do you know how an app is created? That it is basically a technical thing and you can hire someone to do it for you?

Do you know how many chassidishe women work in IT? Is that also wrong?

Do you think that typing is ok for a chassidishe women? If you think it is then why is typing more ok than creating an app?

Is it because it is new and you're afraid who knows where this will lead to and who knows what other women will do next?

I really want to know. I want to understand your way of thinking.

This is a real example of an אופארגינער.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics