Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Which forums do you have blocked?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Librarian

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:54 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Ooooh, look everyone - I found a grown-up! Let's all learn from her. Prioritizing our peace of mind is for babies. Very Happy Can't Believe It LOL

Posts like these make me want to block Imamother altogether

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:06 pm
Politics

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:12 pm
So interesting. I'm so strict about my filter but it actually never occured to me to block imamother forums!
I never click on mental health, abusive relationship threads, serious problems in a marriage, and normally intimacy unless I feel I can help.
I guess I feel it's a bit different than having a filter since there are frum mods and admin on this site so hopefully it stays clean? And if it isn't I stay away, like the novel a few weeks back which stated in the title that it wasn't going to be kosher, lol.
In general I don't watch a lot and I'm not on any social media, so I guess this is my less-than-ideal outlet and I give myself more leeway.

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:16 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
None. I’m not a baby I don’t need to be sheltered.

Although I don't block forums, like I've stated and I do make my own decisions in this particular regard, this is not really a fair thing to say.
The yetzer hara is strong and there's nothing wrong with taking extra precautions. Kol hakavod to those women who do

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:19 pm
Librarian wrote:
Posts like these make me want to block Imamother altogether

I was calling amother cognac out for being offensive to basically everyone on this thread. I don't think that was wrong of me.

I was being direct because I'm trying to shine a light on what she was actually saying. (That she's better than us babies)

NechaMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:21 pm
Better question. Which posters do you block.
I’ll start.
None. I’m not a baby. I can handle everyone bH.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:23 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
I was calling amother cognac out for being offensive to basically everyone on this thread. I don't think that was wrong of me.

I was being direct because I'm trying to shine a light on what she was actually saying. (That she's better than us babies)

Agree with you. It wasn’t an impressive comment at all but that’s okay. Imamother has taught us that not everyone is at their best at all times.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:24 pm
Snarky and sarcastic is not direct.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Snarky and sarcastic is not direct.

I was punching back at someone who was already punching.

You are right, I could have been less offensive in my approach.

GLUE

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:35 pm
Newlyweds

Queen Of Hearts

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:35 pm
I don't have a single member or forum blocked. But I don't open many threads here cuz of lack of time or interest.
I do think there is a certain personality who feels the need to block rather than ignore posts or posters. Ducking for 🍅

ETA I'm not referring to blocking threads which can cause someone pain ie someone suffering from infertility blocking pregnancy and children threads.

Last edited by Queen Of Hearts on Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

gr82no

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:37 pm
A whole bunch
Intimacy
Covid
Lakewood
Games
Vaccines
And a few more don't remember
I block it because I only read the first page and it was taking over the whole page

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:39 pm
At least 75% of them. You can ignore them, sure, but they take up your whole page, you have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll. More efficient to block and not have to go through all that.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:40 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I don't have a single member or forum blocked. But I don't open many threads here cuz of lack of time or interest.
I do think there is a certain personality who feels the need to block rather than ignore. Ducking for 🍅

I agree with you about blocking posters. But I know that some people are more sensitive than me so they feel the need to block.
About blocking forums, I’d rather not use up space on my homepage for subjects that I’m totally not interested in so that’s why I blocked them.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
At least 75% of them. You can ignore them, sure, but they take up your whole page, you have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll. More efficient to block and not have to go through all that.

Agree. If you know for sure you never click into those topics blocking the forum is a great feature.

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:44 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I do think there is a certain personality who feels the need to block rather than ignore posts or posters. Ducking for 🍅

ETA I'm not referring to blocking threads which can cause someone pain ie someone suffering from infertility blocking pregnancy and children threads.

True. However I also understand blocking. For example, I would never watch anything inappropriate. But I have a strong filter, since rabbanim have said not to trust yourself in this regard. So I don't rely on my own discretion, even though technically, maybe I could.
I understand both sides of the argument.
Also (not referring to you here) I'm not sure why there can never be an argument on Imamother that stays civil without people putting others down. You don't have to agree with everyone but there's no need to be nasty either. We're all real people. Even when I feel the need to call someone out if they have been way out of line imo, I try to do it in a way that isn't hurtful, just open.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:53 pm
Tao wrote:
True. However I also understand blocking. For example, I would never watch anything inappropriate. But I have a strong filter, since rabbanim have said not to trust yourself in this regard. So I don't rely on my own discretion, even though technically, maybe I could.
I understand both sides of the argument.
Also (not referring to you here) I'm not sure why there can never be an argument on Imamother that stays civil without people putting others down. You don't have to agree with everyone but there's no need to be nasty either. We're all real people. Even when I feel the need to call someone out if they have been way out of line imo, I try to do it in a way that isn't hurtful, just open.

If everyone on imamother would be like you then nobody would block anyone.
Also, I would miss the drama sometimes! Wink

pause

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:08 pm
Back in the day I blocked one member who used to post near-kefira. She's not on here anymore (I think). More recently there was a new member who posted non-stop, a bunch of posts in a row and it was super annoying to read through a thread like that. She was also quite nasty, so no loss there.

Other than that, there are some posters whose posts I'm more likely to skip over and not read, but I don't have them blocked.

I don't have any forums blocked.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:12 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Or trauma. The people I block is because they are triggering a past trauma of mine due to their personalities. (Abusive mother- they sound like her)

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:51 pm
Intimacy and Shalom bayis. Once in a while I'll browse directly in those forums to see what I'm missing and it makes me happy with my decision Smile
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics