Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I live in Gateshead England. AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:28 am
Another proud Gateshead lady here Very Happy if I can call myself that! I’ve not been here so long…

Busybee5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:30 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Another proud Gateshead lady here Very Happy if I can call myself that! I’ve not been here so long…

Where did you move from?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:32 am
Busybee5 wrote:
Where did you move from?

I’m from Manchester, moved after I got married

Busybee5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:48 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I’m from Manchester, moved after I got married

Hi I'm from Manchester too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:31 am
Hi pumpkin! Was nice seeing u picking your kids up from school today. Sillver, ulive on Bewick rd, right?
Kidding LOL LOL . But could be!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:33 am
Silver, did u grow up here?
Sorry, I know I said AMA not u!

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:49 am
Wow I didn't think there would be other gateshead ladies on here. Im not so proud though. I find it hard living here

Busybee5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:04 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Wow I didn't think there would be other gateshead ladies on here. Im not so proud though. I find it hard living here

Did you grow up there?
What do you find hard about it? I think I would find the lack of privacy hard. Because you all know each other, and live so close together.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi pumpkin! Was nice seeing u picking your kids up from school today. Sillver, ulive on Bewick rd, right?
Kidding LOL LOL . But could be!

Lol!
I decided not to waste my energy thinking who you might be😉

Really didn't realize so many people here are on imamother!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:34 pm
How long have u lived here Chicory? What du find hard? Hope it gets easier....

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
How long have u lived here Chicory? What du find hard? Hope it gets easier....

I have lived here over 15 years. I think the hardest thing is that there is no opportunity for social. If you don't have good neighbours or friends you have zero social life because there is no where to go and nothing to do which can become very lonely. Another hard part is as a mother there is no easy way out, if your unwell you can't just buy supper for the kids. Blooms and areyes come out of our noses by now and we're all sick of it, sometimes I just want something decent not a roll or bagle with egg in or shnitzal lol! I know it's not so important but it can get frustrating

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:56 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Did you grow up there?
What do you find hard about it? I think I would find the lack of privacy hard. Because you all know each other, and live so close together.

I didn't grow up here. I don't feel a lack of privacy so much maybe its because I don't live in the cholent pot but the downside is I don't have many neighbours I know

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 2:11 pm
Hmm, is hard when u live a bit out...it's not always easy to make the effort but u might be pleasantly surprised...
Do u go to the Chasdei Raizel soft play? I have lasting friends from there. My kids are too old for it now, I miss it!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 2:13 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I have lived here over 15 years. I think the hardest thing is that there is no opportunity for social. If you don't have good neighbours or friends you have zero social life because there is no where to go and nothing to do which can become very lonely. Another hard part is as a mother there is no easy way out, if your unwell you can't just buy supper for the kids. Blooms and areyes come out of our noses by now and we're all sick of it, sometimes I just want something decent not a roll or bagle with egg in or shnitzal lol! I know it's not so important but it can get frustrating

I am another one in gateshead. Also been here around 20yrs and can commiserste with you on both your points. Social and accessing good food... though things have come a long way in the last few years bH

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

True.

I work with a bunch of other women - in a school. So that gives me a steady social life bh bh.
But otherwise, there isn't much! There was refresh for young mothers which apparently was really nice. There is occasionally the Nshei - although I don't know if you go...

Although with the food - YESSSS!! I have heard that some people do drive down to Manchester to eat out...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:12 pm
To the posters who live here, what particular things du like about Gateshead?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:15 pm
Can someone explain what’s special about Gateshead to a giyores TMI

Busybee5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:

Oh it's like England's yerushalaim! Almost Smile I'll let others explain. It's changed a lot from when I was in sem though. Still similar vibes...

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:36 pm
How can you compare it to Yerushalayim 😲

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:

Nothing really special its just a lot smaller then london and Manchester but with hundreds of bochurim and sem girls. What's unique about it is the whole town are very religious on the same level
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics