Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Has anyone downloaded the App from Raizy Fried?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 8:36 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
You can have a kosher phone with apps. There are phones that are sold pre loaded with many apps. There was never talk against apps that aren't social media. Who doesn't have waze? There are many learning apps and business apps.

I have many neighbors who only have text no apps and some that don’t even have text. And then the rest have actual smart phones. I don’t know anyone in my area with preloaded apps.

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 8:40 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
And if the op or someone was feeling a bit jealous? why do u put someone down for their feelings. Do u never get angry, sad, jealous, upset, disappointed. We all have negative feelings ladies. I dont know why when the word jealousy comes up people go nuts. Putting someone down on the way. Ur complaining that she's putting someone down by putting her down.

Being jealous and using your jealousy to put someone down on a public forum is not the same. No on would be bothered if shes discussing her feelings of jealousy without giving names and putting someone else down in the process.

crust

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 8:41 am
Ok. So let me get this straight.

Levels of Holiness from high to low;

Level 1) imamother on the computer (internet not for parnassah)

Level 2) having a smartphone but not being on imamother

Level 3) creating an app for a smartphone

Have I got this right?

Because I have been asking for clarity more than once and I feel like I'm not getting it.

Myla someone doesn't have internet access and haks on someone else. Ok.

Myla someone has internet access but really only uses it for important things and then haks that someone made an app. Ok, shoyn.
I'm not a hakker but if you like hakking, suit yourself.

But someone that is on the internet, not for parnassah, not for an important thing but on imamother, and has to hak on someone else's usage of the internet?

No, you don't get to have it from both ends. No. You can not hak on someone else.
You are doing the exact same thing in a different version.

And, if someone is so against what Raizy did then I would think that individual would not be on this site specifically.
You are prone to much more liberal, anti chassidish and anti Torah material on this site than on Raizy's app.

Rubies

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 9:01 am
I feel like some of you don't really know what an app is.

Remember Microsoft Word? That's an app.
Ever used a calculator on a device? Or the clock to set an alarm? That's an app.

You might debate over an app's use or content but an app itself is nothing.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:29 am
She found a way to continue to make parnassa in a world that is doubling down on the no social media rule. Good for her! Now that so many people who followed her got rid of instagram, they can still follow her and she can still make money by green-lighting her app on their phones. I do not see the issue with it. No one is forcing anyone to pay her. I did look at her IG and noticed a lot of her content is limited to teasers now for the paid app and I can see how that's annoying but if it gets the feet to her app, it's smart. The people who are turned off or upset by this are most likely not the ones who would have paid for her app anyway and I assume she crunched the numbers to know she has more money making potential through the paid app and sponsorships there than through IG.

I think it's really cool and very special to see any frum women put herself out there like this. Women singers, etc... I am here for it. I love the role modeling for our daughters and the inspiration for other women to see what they can do. I wish we could see more of women making their dreams happen and doing things we had always been told frum women can not do.

As a side note, I am amused that there is no outcry re: a frum women in public light regarding women who are on IG or an app like this. The same men who need to read every frum magazine and therefor can't have this stumbling block are also going to be tempted to the app and IG.... so the stumbling block logic still applies here but no one seems to be bothered.

Last edited by watergirl on Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:34 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
And if the op or someone was feeling a bit jealous? why do u put someone down for their feelings. Do u never get angry, sad, jealous, upset, disappointed. We all have negative feelings ladies. I dont know why when the word jealousy comes up people go nuts. Putting someone down on the way. Ur complaining that she's putting someone down by putting her down.

She can be jealous to herself without talking lashon hora and putting someone down in public.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:36 am
crust wrote:
Ok. So let me get this straight.

Levels of Holiness from high to low;

Level 1) imamother on the computer (internet not for parnassah)

Level 2) having a smartphone but not being on imamother

Level 3) creating an app for a smartphone

Have I got this right?

Because I have been asking for clarity more than once and I feel like I'm not getting it.

Myla someone doesn't have internet access and haks on someone else. Ok.

Myla someone has internet access but really only uses it for important things and then haks that someone made an app. Ok, shoyn.
I'm not a hakker but if you like hakking, suit yourself.

But someone that is on the internet, not for parnassah, not for an important thing but on imamother, and has to hak on someone else's usage of the internet?

No, you don't get to have it from both ends. No. You can not hak on someone else.
You are doing the exact same thing in a different version.

And, if someone is so against what Raizy did then I would think that individual would not be on this site specifically.
You are prone to much more liberal, anti chassidish and anti Torah material on this site than on Raizy's app.

Different amother here.

There's a big difference between doing something b'farhesia, publicly announcing not only her internet usage but also promoting internet usage vs. someone at home quietly checking out imamother, usually anonymously.

I won't go into which one is more damaging for the person herself. I'm talking about the optics and why someone else who isn't related to Raizy but feels a chassidish kinship might be upset about it.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:45 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Different amother here.

There's a big difference between doing something b'farhesia, publicly announcing not only her internet usage but also promoting internet usage vs. someone at home quietly checking out imamother, usually anonymously.

I won't go into which one is more damaging for the person herself. I'm talking about the optics and why someone else who isn't related to Raizy but feels a chassidish kinship might be upset about it.

I think that imamother for yourself at home is way way way more wrong and worse than a Kosher app. Imamother is toxic for the neshama. You can have an app on a locked device with no internet access. Just like waze or emails which everyone has. She's bringing kosher entertainment, there's nothing wrong with it.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:47 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
I have many neighbors who only have text no apps and some that don’t even have text. And then the rest have actual smart phones. I don’t know anyone in my area with preloaded apps.

You can't know if their actual smartphones are locked in with pre loaded apps.
It is more common amongst men because it comes with business and torah apps.

crust

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:26 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Different amother here.

A thing is either wrong or it isn't.

I understand having to hide your internet from your kids because you don't want them to have access to it.

I understand parents that to one degree or another feel forced to hide their internet from their children's schools.

I do not understand why one regular adult has to hide her internet from another regular adult that has internet.

Also, if this is about optics then the thread title should be- I think that Raizys app is bad optics for the chassidish world.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:28 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I think that imamother for yourself at home is way way way more wrong and worse than a Kosher app. Imamother is toxic for the neshama. You can have an app on a locked device with no internet access. Just like waze or emails which everyone has. She's bringing kosher entertainment, there's nothing wrong with it.

I did say I'm not going into it Wink

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:34 pm
crust wrote:
A thing is either wrong or it isn't.

I understand having to hide your internet from your kids because you don't want them to have access to it.

I understand parents that to one degree or another feel forced to hide their internet from their children's schools.

I do not understand why one regular adult has to hide her internet from another regular adult that has internet.

Also, if this is about optics then the thread title should be- I think that Raizys app is bad optics for the chassidish world.

Whoa, black and white thinking in the bolded. 100% disagree with that.

As for the last sentence, not everyone has the greatest word choice when expressing themselves. She's bothered by it. I also first raised an eyebrow, like s'past nisht but then I realized it's not my gesheft what someone else does and moved on.

I can understand that one adult who uses internet b'dieved has a problem with another adult who not only uses internet publicly but publicly promotes the use of internet by others (her business depends on OTHERS' use of internet).

And if you can't understand it, all I'll say is, you're too far gone. Tongue Out

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:37 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:

As for the last sentence, not everyone has the greatest word choice when expressing themselves. She's bothered by it. I also first raised an eyebrow, like s'past nisht but then I realized it's not my gesheft what someone else does and moved on.

I can understand that one adult who uses internet b'dieved has a problem with another adult who not only uses internet publicly but publicly promotes the use of internet by others (her business depends on OTHERS' use of internet).

And if you can't understand it, all I'll say is, you're too far gone. Tongue Out

You're being a bit narrow minded.
An app can be used without internet acces. This app is no different than waze or emails which most people have. You can have an app on a completely locked and filtered phone. Promoting an app is NOT promoting internet usage.
And she's not davka targeting the chassidish crowd.

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:38 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:

Almost every single business today depends on internet. I’m chasidish, and while I didn’t buy the app, I think that what Raizy is doing is amazing. There’s nothing “s’past nisht” here. Do you think businesses that sell lace wigs, for instance should stop promoting because s’past nisht?

crust

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:40 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:

You either belive that it is wrong to use the internet for entertainment and parnassah or you believe that it is not.

This is not called black and white thinking.

This is called asking for a double standard.

Op is allowed to be on imamother, a site known for mockery of everything chassidish.

Raizy is not allowed to produce her own app.

crust

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:42 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
An app can be used without internet acces. This app is no different than waze or emails which most people have. You can have an app on a completely locked and filtered phone. Promoting an app is NOT promoting internet usage.

Exactly.
Optics wise I think she made a great move.
She is creating kosher content and is delivering it in the most mehdarin way possible.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:49 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

An app cannot be used without internet access though it can be used without a browser. Waze and emails use internet and for many people who look like Raizy those are unacceptable too.

I know she isn't davka targeting the chassidish crowd, but she is a chassidish woman who covers her wig, and I think that's the part that's bothersome. No one had an issue with Malky Knopfler.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:49 pm
crust wrote:
Exactly.
Optics wise I think she made a great move.
She is creating kosher content and is delivering it in the most mehdarin way possible.

Exactly.
I think that people can't fathom that a chassidish women can be so successful and creative and smart, so it causes them to talk negatively on her as a person.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:52 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

1) Almost every single business today depends on internet. 2) I’m chasidish, and while I didn’t buy the app, I think that what Raizy is doing is amazing. There’s nothing “s’past nisht” here. 3) Do you think businesses that sell lace wigs, for instance should stop promoting because s’past nisht?

1) Agreed. Raizy is doing it for business, but the ppl buying the app are nto.
2) That's your opinion; I haven't fully formed mine yet, but I understand those who don't agree with you
3) I don't see the relevance, but since you asked, I'll answer: Those who look chassidish should not be selling nor promoting lace wigs since our rabbanim are against it.

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:53 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
An app cannot be used without internet access though it can be used without a browser. Waze and emails use internet and for many people who look like Raizy those are unacceptable too.

I know she isn't davka targeting the chassidish crowd, but she is a chassidish woman who covers her wig, and I think that's the part that's bothersome. No one had an issue with Malky Knopfler.

I wonder if it’s only bothersome to non chasidish people. I’m chasidish, as are most of my friends, and I don’t know anyone who has an issue with her app. In fact, most chasidish people I know are truly impressed with they way she built a business doing something she loves.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics