Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
The New 24 Six App
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:51 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
Soon to be banned in Lakewood.
https://lakewoodalerts.com/lak.....form/

the proposed banning saddens me. I understand that not all jewish music is appreciated/approved by all sectors of our community and some communities disapprove of any internet access/wifi no matter how filtered; and obviously 24/6 is not for those groups. But it is such a nice choice for those of us who promote safe, clean, filtered use of technology and raise our children with those values. My children's schools and camps use email and text for registration and information so it seems odd that they have sent home a letter cautioning 24/6 use (per tag recommendation). My husband and I use filtered devices for work , daily living and (gasp) some entertainment. My children use tag filtered computers approved by their school for typing school papers. .. sigh. I don't understand

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 2:31 pm
watergirl wrote:
No, think of the implication of that. You have to pay to own music for always. This is just on the device while you are streaming it, or if you have the 24Six device, it's also only there while you pay for access. If you were to be able to download the music and keep it, it would be much more expensive. Any Jewish song is a dollar to purchase and keep, and the albums are much more than that. If you want to purchase them, you can do it on mostlymusic.

I’m looking to purchase some mp3 type of device to have music with no access. It’s so much work to have to download a bunch of stuff to a computer and then to my teens device

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 2:53 pm
I dont like that it has videoes on it.

If my kids see it as a kosher app theyl presune everything on it is 100% ok for them.

At least now, with the apps I use, they know its not jewish so half the stuff is not appropriate.

It starts blurring the lines a bit.
Like when they see someone watching a shiur on a jewish app.

watergirl

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Crimson wrote:

If my kids see it as a kosher app theyl presune everything on it is 100% ok for them.

At least now, with the apps I use, they know its not jewish so half the stuff is not appropriate.

Whats wrong with someone watching a shiur?

Also if you dont want your kids to watch a music thing, thats why the app has a filter.

mizle10

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Crimson wrote:

Exactly this.

I downloaded it and then deleted it. I would rather my kids be using Apple Music and I know I need to be vigilant. I don’t want to start naming singers individually but one of the first songs I put on is from a Disney movie. Next song was a non Jewish song I know from years ago. All sung by Jewish singers of course Rolling Eyes

If it’s going to be marketed as a Jewish app it needs to be Jewish across the board.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 3:02 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Exactly this.

I downloaded it and then deleted it. I would rather my kids be using Apple Music and I know I need to be vigilant. I don’t want to start naming singers individually but one of the first songs I put on is from a Disney movie. Next song was a non Jewish song I know from years ago. All sung by Jewish singers of course Rolling Eyes

If it’s going to be marketed as a Jewish app it needs to be Jewish across the board.

Thank you.

I dont want my kids thinking that just because its jewish, they can do what they like on it.

watergirl

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 3:04 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Exactly this.

I’ve been using the app almost nonstop for 2.5 weeks and I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. What songs are you referring to?

mizle10

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 3:12 pm
watergirl wrote:
I’ve been using the app almost nonstop for 2.5 weeks and I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. What songs are you referring to?

I can pm you if you’d like

watergirl

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 3:25 pm
mizle10 wrote:
I can pm you if you’d like

Please do.

mommyisbest

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 12:27 am
Me too please

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 1:14 am
mizle10 wrote:
Exactly this.

I have a few questions, I use apple music and actual non jewish songs turn on sometimes, why is that better? And these jewish singers that sang those songs are they not on apple music?

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:13 am
amother Aster wrote:
the proposed banning saddens me. I understand that not all jewish music is appreciated/approved by all sectors of our community and some communities disapprove of any internet access/wifi no matter how filtered; and obviously 24/6 is not for those groups. But it is such a nice choice for those of us who promote safe, clean, filtered use of technology and raise our children with those values. My children's schools and camps use email and text for registration and information so it seems odd that they have sent home a letter cautioning 24/6 use (per tag recommendation). My husband and I use filtered devices for work , daily living and (gasp) some entertainment. My children use tag filtered computers approved by their school for typing school papers. .. sigh. I don't understand

Now it seems it’s been banned across the board by rabbanim everywhere including Israel
Why?

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 8:33 am
Yeah ok let’s ban a kosher alternative to browsing Jewish music for family and kids, and instead give them apple/amazon/Spotify to sit and browse through ….. much better Twisted Evil

mommyisbest

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 12:46 am
Officially banned
https://vinnews.com/2023/01/03.....form/

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Naki radio always needs Wi-Fi the 24/6 only needs Wi-Fi once a month to update. For me this is a deal breaker

really? I have it and I ALWAYS need wifi, never lets me listen when not connected...

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:20 pm
mommyisbest wrote:
Officially banned
https://vinnews.com/2023/01/03.....form/

Appears to be about the device, not the app

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:22 pm
I feel terrible for the developer

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:29 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Appears to be about the device, not the app

Yes we got a letter from a school that it’s about the device.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:30 pm
What's wrong with the device?

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:35 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
What's wrong with the device?

The letter I got was from my kid’s school and said the device was advised to be not suitable for children which is understandable. Don’t know about adults.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics