Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1yr old's meals

Roses4me

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:14 am
I need ideas for my one year old. Till now I've been using bought baby cereal for breakfast and dinner (in the evening) and for lunch something fleishig but blended (e.g. rice or pasta with veg and chicken)

For some reason this last week he hates eating the meals! He used to eat beautifully! I just don't understand what's changed or the reason. (could it be bc I changed him over to normal milk about 2 weeks ago?)

This morning I gave him some weetbix..which he had some then made a fuss so I added some mushed banana with it, and then he ate.

With my first I used to make fruit purees and give him yoghurt with the cereal.

But with the fleishig he wont even take a spoon of it!! Can I give him eggs already? and what carb with it? He doesn't eat bread yet...sucks it a bit, but 99percent falls out again. And I tried rice yesterday (not blended)..also not much made it in.

Any help is appreciated!

Marion

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:18 am
No finger foods yet? Steamed veggies, cut fruit (bananas); larger chunks can go in mesh feeders. Many one year olds do not yet have the dexterity for a spoon, though he SHOULD have a pincer grip. Cheerios. Yes, he can have egg at a year, unless you're concerned about allergies (in which case, speak to your doctor). Soft cheeses. Boiled chicken.

Hooray

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:07 am
My baby is 13 months and eats whatevver we eat...so your the best judge of what consistencies your baby can handle...but I would say to try and give him regular foods, whatever you eat. He;ll probably be very excited!

est

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:39 am
I found that after a month on solids my kids hated blended chicken etc but loved the identical thing in pieces. I often gave them chicken soup with pieces of the chicken, carrots inside. Some of it they liked to hold themselves and some I spoonfed them. At this age they should be able to eat lots of finger foods: crackers,strips of toast with butter,small cubes of potatoes,etc. Just stay nearby so you'll hear if it gets stuck... Enjoy experimenting-it's so much easier than blending everything!

e1234

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 7:12 am
I would also try to start the child on solids and finger food
how many teeth does he have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics