Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Where to get guests

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:16 pm
I am still married under a year. We tend to go out for one meal and stay home for one meal on shabbos. However we live in the yeshiva community and other then yeshiva people there are no jews for over a mile (my parents are just over a mile- and they are at the closest edge of the community). we have no problem walking the distance but we cant invite people to walk nearly 2 miles to eat by us and have no place to put them up. We have a sibling or two every once in a while but not so much.
Now the people that live in our neighborhood are either older families with many kids, or younger couples. We would invite the younger couples (1 or 2 kids) but most of them (aside from one) dont "do" couples meals. I totally respect that and have no problems with that- but that leaves one couple we can invite (not exaggerating at all).
Then there are the bachrim. problem is my husband did not learn in this yeshiva and we are only here becasue I am finishing school. He is on the shyer side and feels very uncomfortable going over and inviting boys he doesnt know. The first zman we were here he learned with a bachur first seder so we had him over a couple times but he is in E"Y now and now my dh is only learning with other married men. we asked the yeshiva for bachrim, but the ones they sent over were 9th graders who were very quiet and it was pretty uncomfortable.
We want guests but have no clue where to find them... any ideas? should I just tell my dh to suck it up and go ask a bais medrash bachur to come for a meal with a friend?

SplitPea

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:34 pm
ave you seen the website http://www.seeyouonshabbos.com/ maybe try there and see what they have posted.

levial

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:41 pm
Can you call the rabbi's wife there and ask for "recommendations" of bochurs who need to be set up for meals?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics