Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Should I be worried about my babys weight

Classicookie

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:18 pm
my dd is 9 months and did not dubble her brith weight yet I am going to the doc in 2 day and will see how she gained about a mouth ago she was 12.4 but she had lost 4oz from being sick. she was bron 6.5 I dont know if I should be worried or not
she was bf till 7 months 4month exclusive with about a bottkle a day
started food at 5 months
now drinks formula and eats 2 meals a day baby jars and snacks on chirroes and puffs

ROCHELLE

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 11:24 pm
I dont think you need to worry, she did almost double it and she was a small baby at birth. My dd weighed 13 lbs at a year and was born 7.13, she is 6 now and is doing fine bh. If you are concerned disscuss it with your doctor. And if everything else seems fine and baby is happy then everything is probably fine

Good Luck

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 11:43 pm
yes. I had the same with my daughter. she doubled her birth weight after 11 months. she has reflux and some allergies.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 11:45 pm
The dr. will tell you if you should be concerned. If she is gaining, even slowly, eating and drinking nicely, not throwing up or crying a lot from pain, and happy then she's probably very fine.

Classicookie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:20 pm
bnm wrote:
yes. I had the same with my daughter. she doubled her birth weight after 11 months. she has reflux and some allergies.

I dont think my dd has reflux she hardy spit up she is loctose intalrent I thik bec she had issues when I ate milk and nursed and could not handle soy forula so she is now on lactose free and she seems fine with all the outher foods

malkie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:26 pm
If your baby is making at least 6 wet diapers a day, pooping regularly, and meeting milestones, you probably do not need to worry, as long as she is gaining consistently. Some babies are just smaller and follow their own growth pattern.

Classicookie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:41 pm
malkie wrote:
If your baby is making at least 6 wet diapers a day, pooping regularly, and meeting milestones, you probably do not need to worry, as long as she is gaining consistently. Some babies are just smaller and follow their own growth pattern.

oh I meant to mention in my last post the reason why I started getting concerned now is bec she is not meeting milestones I just had her evaluated she has low muscle tone

amother

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 9:24 pm
listen to your heart...you're the mother. If it worries you speak to the dr, if need be go for another opinion. Not double the birth weight at 7 months doesn't sound great especially that she seems weak. Some babies are smaller, it doesn't really mean anything but rather take advice from a medical dr., your child's pediatrician then from mothers here, including myself that don't really know everything about your baby.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 10:38 pm
update

I was at the dr today and in 6 weeks she gained 1 pound 3 oz putting her up to 13 7 its so great

amother

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 11:11 pm
beautiful BH! thanks for the update!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics