Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dd 19 month digging into shirt when tired, anyone, anywhere.

amother

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 2:56 pm
HI! I have a 19 month old dd that either goes to sleep with touching the nipple of her bottle, if shes in her crib... but just like that if I hold her and shes tired or in the morning when shes in my bed she puts her hand into my nightgown or shirt and touches private parts there or just flesh... its not only me she does the same to my dh, shes doing it since shes much younger she simply loves flesh, what do I do about it???? a few times its really not tznius like if I hold her in the grocery she just digs in... is there some kind of 'toy' that feels like flesh?? shes addicted....

life'sgreat

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 3:31 pm
She's not addicted, she simply likes the touch. Teaching the child that it is not proper to do that is ok, of course with the right message. Simply saying we don't do that and taking her away her hand is good enough. No need to freak out or anything, as she is simply doing what feels good to her. She'll outgrow it, but you can use this as a good opportunity and way to teach her about boundaries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics