Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I wonder if I can..

imaima

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 9:44 am
1) freeze a sweet potato bake with crumb top
2) freeze a cheesecake/ keep it in the fridge for how long so that it stays fresh??
3) keep checked lettuce ina ziploc bag in the fridge and how long would it stay fresh and crisp?
4) freeze a mushroom and cheese casserole

TIA!

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 9:59 am
1) dunno... probably yes?
2) I've seen frozen cheesecake in stores. Should keep up to 1wk , I think. Don't forget to take out of the freezer to defrost before serving.
3) probably keep for 2days at most. it will go limp or brown longer than that. don't shred into pieces, wipe dry but wrap paper towel
4) sure yes.

momtomany

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:10 am
1. ??
2. only freeze cheesecake that does not have cornstarch in it
3. absolutely yes. I do this every week. I check lettuce for the whole week once a week, and it lasts easily a week, or more, depending how fresh your lettuce was to begin with. keep the leafs whole and a ziplock bag is fine. if you really feel like it you can punch little holes in the bag (before putting the lettuce in!) with a safety pin and voila, you have a veggie bag that sells for twice as much. (but I havent found it necessary)
4. ???

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:42 am
yes to all. the best way to find out is to do it !

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 6:57 pm
In my experience, cream cheese and anything baked with it, such as cheesecake, undergo a change in texture after being frozen. They tend to get dry and crumbly and lose their smooth texture. So if it is a cream-cheese-based cheesecake, I would say no, don't freeze it. As for the rest, I really don't know, sorry.

Simple1

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 7:04 pm
It's interesting that you said not to freeze a cheese cake with constarch, Because I have one from Top Secret Recipes book that is an imitation of Sara Lee frozen cheese cake that has cornstarch in it and no eggs. It is supposed to freeze well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen