Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Schnitzel secrets..
1  2  Next

myomi

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:01 pm
how do u make moist yet crispy shnitzel?what ingrediants do u add as well..thanks for taking the time to answer!

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:11 pm
you can add mayo

happy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:16 pm
I use a coating made of corn starch, flour, and water. It comes out very crispy. Very very good.

I'll look up the exact amounts and post it.

flippinout

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:28 pm
I put salt, garlic, pepper on the shnitzel then I coat each one in flour, egg and golden crumbs-comes out AWESOME!!!! (I also add a little salt to the flour, pepper to the egg and garlic to the crumbs for an even better flavour)

happy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:36 pm
crispy cutlets

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup cold water.

wisk all of above together coat chicken and fry.

if you want some more flavor, you can spice the chicken with some garlic powder or paprika or parsley etc...

goldrose

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:39 pm
mayonnaise and flavored bread crumbs.

myomi

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:48 pm
thank u so much for posting so fast!

myomi

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:50 pm
goldrose,do u put egg at all?

cindy324

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:51 pm
I use DefyGravity's recipe. They're amazing and come out ultra crispy.

coat chicken cutlets on both sides with a thin layer of mayo, then dip into seasoned cornflake crumbs. Spray a cookiesheet with PAM, bake about 45 min, or until nice and brown. They are very crispy as long as they are warm, so eat right away.

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:45 am
I used to use matzo meal, but now use cornflakes, it's so much tastier. I dip it in egg, coat and fry. sometimes I just bake in the oven with spices, and make sure not to overbake, so it's still moist.

If you have a grill, it's delicious grilled (and more dietetic too)

batya_d

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 2:25 am
My secret is to pound the meat to make it more tender, even if the cutlets are already thin. You don't need a meat tenderizing hammer-- the bottom of a glass/jar or any old hammer will do. DH always notices the difference when I don't tenderize!

then:
--dredge in flour
--dip in eggs
(these two steps make a "glue" for the breadcrumbs
and coat in seasoned breadcrumbs
--fry in olive oil, serve hot!

I'm making schnitzel for shabbos lunch this week, will reheat in the warm oven before serving to get it crispy again (hope this works!!)

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 2:29 am
Quote:
I'm making schnitzel for shabbos lunch this week, will reheat in the warm oven before serving to get it crispy again (hope this works!!)
Is this allowed?

supermom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 3:06 am
I am not so sure either sarayehudis.

This is my recipe though:

dip the chicken into egg beaten with honey and some spices. Then I dip it into spiced bread crumbs.

It comes out moist when you just cook it until it literally turns white. It is delicious and a big hit when shnitzels are not over cooked and dried.

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 8:49 am
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Is this allowed?

If she means a warming drawer, I know my sister asked a shaila & was told it is permitted.

frummom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 9:46 am
I dip it in egg, then flour (w/salt & pepper), then egg again, then flavored bread crumbs. I think they say that the hotter the oil is, the crispier the coating.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 10:15 am
I ws told that when you open your oven, you have to take verything out at once.

Of course, that's an oven that's ON. A co worker has good luck with an off oven, but I never have....

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 10:57 am
Batya - that's my EXACT recipe & it's unbelievablt delish. I made it for a friend 7 months ago when she had a baby & she still talks about it.

micki

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 11:07 am
I like to use egg, plain bread crumbs with sesame seeds mixed in. but I always have to make plain ones first for my ultra picky eaters.

mommy2

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:12 pm
instead of egg I use mustard

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:19 pm
I used to always make schnitzel the standard way, dipped in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs, then I started making it in the oven, dipped it in mayo, mixed with spices, and covered in sauteed onions and bread crumbs, and it's soooo tasty, moist and crispy - and much easier then standing over a frying pan.

I've gotten even lazier, and now I put the chicken in the pan, smear mayonaise over it, mix it around so it's coated. Then dump in some sauteed onions, mix that around too, and then coat the mixture w/ bread crumbs. VERY GOOD!

(keep in mind that if you use low-fat mayo, it's not going to be crispy - you have to use REGULAR mayo or it won't turn out well).

Last edited by DefyGravity on Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey