Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to stop her hitting your infant?

punchike

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 11:04 am
my toodler (23 months) hits & hurts my 7 month old.
I give her lots of attention and tried time outs but it doesnt help.
what worked for you? Its getting really hard, I cant leave them in reach of each other ever.
Please advise!!!

sandyb

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 11:15 am
Omg! While I was reading the title I missed the her. So to me it seemed like a mother was hitting her infant! LOL

IME nothing really helped aside from keeping the baby out of the way. It did get better though when older kid was more mature. (around 2 1/2)

amother

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 1:33 pm
My 3-year old has been hitting my 1-year old for the past year. Nothing helps except separating them 24/7.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 1:45 pm
sandyb wrote:
Omg! While I was reading the title I missed the her. So to me it seemed like a mother was hitting her infant! LOL

IME nothing really helped aside from keeping the baby out of the way. It did get better though when older kid was more mature. (around 2 1/2)

LOL, sandyb, I thought the same thing!!

My oldest are 12.5 months apart, and when dd was still a baby (like yours), I would set her up in the hallway right next to the living room, close all the doors, put toys and her play mat, and put up the baby gate. That way, ds couldn't hurt her. Same idea as a play pen, I guess. Btw, I didn't do this all the time, only when I was desperate, so don't go call social services on me!! Wink

Shabbosmommy

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 2:38 pm
I find what helps the most is to try the best way you can, to explain to the toddler that this is painful. These babies learn by example. Hold your infant in your arms, and show your toddler on himself how painful it is, eg. he hits your infant, do it to him but very gently and show him with your finger "no, no". He will eventually get the message.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics