Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bugs--bedbugs?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 9:46 pm
In the past few days, I've seen a few (like not more than 5) tiny bugs in my bedroom--two on a bed/blanket and the rest on the floor--at random times--they're really small and have smooth dark bodies--and they move really fast!
Nobody is itchy, nobody has any bites, Might these be bedbugs??

HELP!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 2:52 am
Google bedbugs and cornell university. You will get a terrific (and frightening) website full of info
If you identify this as bedbugs you have a lot of hard work in front of you. Please do not be naïve to think since you only saw a few you are ok. They multiply like crazy and hide everywhere like walls, alarm clocks books, in clothing as well as in mattress, beds and behind the little screws in your headboards.
Good luck and I hope you do not have them.

ysydmom

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 2:56 am
I think I have the same thing, it's not bedbugs they come in the summer, they usually like things that are white and are little and black.

they go away in the winter.

estibesty

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 4:27 am
it could be carpet bugs they are also around the bed I called the exterminator 2x thinking I had bedbugs B"h they are capret bugs wich are completly harmless and sooo common

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 5:08 am
I'm the OP.

Guess what? After I posted this and googled "bedbugs" a lot and brought this up with dh who said--
"I've seen them and they're NOT bedbugs" We googled together, scratched our heads, looked into exterminators...
Then I got into bed and there was one crawling on my bed.
I got it on my hand, brought it over for dh to look at--it was moving soooo fast--he said, "I don't think these are bed bugs" Then I tried to smash it, and it opened up teeny little wings and FLEW away--made a bee-line for dh's shirt.

So definitely not bed bugs.....hm.....

Anyone have these little guys? I know they're not fruit flies--they're a little bigger than that!

It also happens to be humid/sticky in my apartment now--not sure why...might this have something to do wit them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics