Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
WW Shabbat

amother

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 8:44 pm
I just joined weight watchers and it seems like a good system. But how do you count on shabbat?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:28 pm
Sorry, I have no idea, but you probably don't have to worry about it, because shabbos calories don't count. LOL

amother

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:33 pm
You have an extra amount of points for the week in addition to what you use per day. Save those up for shabbos and dont eat too much challah or kugels and you should be ok Smile

amother

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:12 pm
if you joined weight watchers online, there is a recipe builder, where you can put in all your shabbos recipes and figure out your points. you can also use your 35 extra.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
I just joined weight watchers and it seems like a good system. But how do you count on shabbat?

I don't write down what I eat of course, but I still mentally keep track to the best of my ability. It does get easier as you go since you get used to eyeballing portions, memorize the point values of so many foods, etc. I make sure to make foods that are very healthy. I take it easy with the challah. I fill up on salads w/ fat free or low fat dressings so I don't have huge portions of the more caloric foods. I make iced tea with stevia as my sweet treat and always make sure I have low cal veggie snacks if I get noshy. Carrot sticks, steamed green beans well seasoned, edamame, things like that. As soon as Shabbos is over I do try to fill in my food journal to the best of my ability from what I recall eating.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 1:29 am
I plan what I am going to eat before Shabbot, so I have the points ready written down and added up (I don't look at the list on Shabbot, but I know what all my meals are before so how much they are). After Shabbot I do a glance and using my memory make any adjustments. I also try to save my 35 extras for Shabbot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise