Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
And the IN LAWS are at it again!!!
Previous  1  2

mama-star

Post Sun, Nov 28 2010, 10:43 pm
yeah I would politely and firmly tell your in-laws that you already purchased them a nice baby present. THE END.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 12:34 am
forget about the in laws for a minute--- nobody is saying anything about the couple working off the books so they're committing tax fraud and cheating the government, and instead of trying to get OUT of the situation and not having kids while digging out from under--- they're having a baby? what? How do you even get into that situation in the first place on purpose? I can see someone temporarily getting free health insurance from the government because of a lost job, but on purpose working OFF the books and committing tax fraud? I'd be paying for their birth control, not their baby gifts. I know I might be in the minority, but this just ticks me off.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 2:20 pm
OP here. (Before I respond and thank everyone for their suggestions, I want to apologize for not writing back for a week. I'm pregnant and have been feeling really sick for the past few weeks and somehow working fulltime.)

Anyways, my husband was really torn about what to do, because my in laws are one of a kind! no words to describe them. he knew was the right thing to do, which was to tell them we bought a gift already, but he didnt want to, UNTIL I showed him my post and everyones replies, and he didnt know what to say, but agree with us all Smile

So I want to thank everyone here for your input and support. im gonna definitely need it with these crazy in laws in the years ahead, and its great knowing I can always vent here, although I dont vent enough about them, there are too many stories to share, id be typing here all day! I wouldnt wish my in laws on my worst enemy, thats forsure.

Have a happy chaunkah!

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 2:32 pm
OP if you want to feel better about your in laws, my father kicked my husband (before he was my husband) in the groin and threatened to kill him. Needless to say, they didn't show up at our wedding and I haven't seen them in 16 years now. We joke that I got in laws (I LOVE my in laws) and my husband got out laws.

Family stuff can really SUCK.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 3:43 pm
Op here.
Twinsmommy that doesnt really help, but wow what a story.
I laugh all the time with my parents that my in laws are the OUT LAWS too!
they are seriously C-R-A-Z-Y EVIL people!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette