Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
A MUST read for everyone on this forum!Do you know a poster?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:37 am
I was reading the other thread about if you have guessed who a poster is and I saw that many of us have guessed others but are embarrassed or don't want to disclose our name to say. So here is a place to write as amother if you guess a poster and want to warn her if she cares to stop writing private things. I am not referring to those who are very open who they are but those who think no one knows who they are.

I know I would appreciate to know if someone guessed who I am.

mimivan

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:44 am
I just want to make a blanket statement
Anyone who recognizes me need not inform me of that fact to express concern or to do mussar...only to say "Hello!!"

I don't know why this stuff doesn't keep me up at night...it just doesn't..just thought I'd let people know to save them the time and trouble and worry

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:45 am
I don't either care. Whatever I post is usually in my screen name. I'm far from ms. paranoid.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:47 am
op here. I repeat:

[quote="amother"I am not referring to those who are very open who they are but those who think no one knows who they are.

.[/quote]

kitov

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:50 am
I have discovered who amother is, just by reading her past posts.

Sorry amother to burst your bubble, you're not anonymous anymore, you revealed too much about yourself, and it doesn't take much to figure you out.

mimivan

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
op here. I repeat:

[quote="amother"I am not referring to those who are very open who they are but those who think no one knows who they are.

[/quote]
do you

yes, but how do you know who feels this way unless you have already been following someone closely..?

I'm neither open or closed..my attitude is "whatever". If you are curious enough, then I guess you get a prize for figuring me out.... kind of like what Gertrude Knacklelaufer said...Opps! gave you away, sorry! I mean flowerpower LOL)

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 11:33 am
mimivan wrote:
amother wrote:
op here. I repeat:

do you

yes, but how do you know who feels this way unless you have already been following someone closely..?

I'm neither open or closed..my attitude is "whatever". If you are curious enough, then I guess you get a prize for figuring me out.... kind of like what Gertrude Knacklelaufer said...Opps! gave you away, sorry! I mean flowerpower LOL)[/quote]

I have a close friend who I guessed and would be mortified to know that I figured her out she wrote plenty of private things. I found a way of anonymously telling her as she wouldn't look straight in my eye had she known I guessed but yet I couldn't allow her to continue writing thinking that no one know who she is.

This is the purpose of this thread. I myself would appreciate to be told that someone figured me out and I would understand why the person who figured me out wants to remain anonymous.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
mimivan wrote:
amother wrote:
op here. I repeat:

do you

I'm neither open or closed..my attitude is "whatever". If you are curious enough, then I guess you get a prize for figuring me out.... kind of like what Gertrude Knacklelaufer said...Opps! gave you away, sorry! I mean flowerpower LOL)

I have a close friend who I guessed and would be mortified to know that I figured her out she wrote plenty of private things. I found a way of anonymously telling her as she wouldn't look straight in my eye had she known I guessed but yet I couldn't allow her to continue writing thinking that no one know who she is.

This is the purpose of this thread. I myself would appreciate to be told that someone figured me out and I would understand why the person who figured me out wants to remain anonymous.[/quote]

So how do you see this playing out:
Amother: Pinkfridge, you talk too much and I know who you are. Just thought you'd want to know.

Something like that?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:
mimivan wrote:
amother wrote:
op here. I repeat:

do you

something like that. To shake up those who think they are anonymous and are writing private thing that they would be shocked to realize that someone suspects who they are. Some people genuinely think they are private. I know myself that I try very hard to be anonymous and if indeed someone suspects me and is reading all the ins of my life I would want to know.

Again we are NOT talking about the frequent posters who are very open and don't care if others know who they are.

This is the purpose of this thread. I myself would appreciate to be told that someone figured me out and I would understand why the person who figured me out wants to remain anonymous.

Amother: Pinkfridge, you talk too much and I know who you are. Just thought you'd want to know.

Something like that?[/quote]

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:29 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:
mimivan wrote:
amother wrote:
op here. I repeat:

do you

Something like that?

something like that. To shake up those who think they are anonymous and are writing private thing that they would be shocked to realize that someone suspects who they are. Some people genuinely think they are private. I know myself that I try very hard to be anonymous and if indeed someone suspects me and is reading all the ins of my life I would want to know.

Again we are NOT talking about the frequent posters who are very open and don't care if others know who they are.

mimivan

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:33 pm
edit

Last edited by mimivan on Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

tralala

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:33 pm
ok, so I would like if someone told me she recognised me, is that clear?

MommyZ

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:35 pm
If someone goes through another person's posts to put the pieces together to find out who they are I find that to be bordering on stalking. Seriously. And if someone does that, as I've been informed by others who have done something along those lines to me, and refuse to reveal their own identity after going through the trouble of searching out my identity for whatever nefarious purpose they have in mind, please avoid me irl. I have no interest in you pretending to be my friend to my face and judging me behind my back. I really don't need that kind of drama. TIA.

MrsMortgage

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:57 pm
MommyZ wrote:
If someone goes through another person's posts to put the pieces together to find out who they are I find that to be bordering on stalking. Seriously. And if someone does that, as I've been informed by others who have done something along those lines to me, and refuse to reveal their own identity after going through the trouble of searching out my identity for whatever nefarious purpose they have in mind, please avoid me irl. I have no interest in you pretending to be my friend to my face and judging me behind my back. I really don't need that kind of drama. TIA.
Creepy!

mommy#1

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 1:01 pm
MommyZ wrote:

Sometimes it has nothing to do with trying to figure someone out. I know someone who, both her parents were niftar at young ages, a few years apart from each other. Both had crazy stories. In one post, under her username, she posted when they were niftar and under what circumstances. It could only be one person. I did not check up her other posts to see what she had been writing all along, because THAT would be stalking. I let her know that I know who she is, so she doesn't post private things, and she was shocked that I was able to figure her out!

So if someone fogured you out, it doesn't always mean they were trying to do so

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 1:06 pm
MrsMortgage wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
Creepy!

That would be creepy, but I once saw read a post in a private forum that alluded to a medical procedure
(she didn't want to say the specific procedure in that post), and then I saw on the main board a request for recommendations for Dr.s for a very specific procedure, made not 20 minutes after the other private post.
Of course it's possible that I was wrong, but it didn't take any amount of stalking (especially because a lot of people don't realize that they have distinct writing styles) to put two and two together and figure out that it was the same person and she inadvertently gave away her private info. Sometimes you just realize these things by mistake.

soldat

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 1:10 pm
well being that I now post my location... and it's NOT brooklyn NY...
I sacrificed being anonymous for the Kohl's Cares contest - and I like it better that way.

Miri1

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 1:24 pm
I figured someone out.
I wasn't trying, I wasn't stalking.
Avatars take on their own life after you've seen them a few times. You remember things, and things click. I certainly wasn't stalking - that is rather a dramatization.
I definately do not feel any wish to know anyones private life.
But if you don't want people to know about what bc you use etc. don't expect it to remain a secret on here.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 2:54 pm
I figured someone out when they posted the same thing on facebook as imamother. I do not think they are hiding it as they do belong to the imamother group on facebook

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:52 pm
There is a poster who I know IRL and recognize when she is posts as amother. I do not know her screen name. But when she posts as amother she gives very clear info. And when she tells her sad stories I have no compassion because I know her and know a lot of what she leaves out in her stories.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette