Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Attention Monseyers: Please Tell me your best kept secrets

amother

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 5:39 pm
Other than amazing savings, where else can I find decent discount mishloach manos boxes or stuff?

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 5:40 pm
x-mas Tree Shops?

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 5:41 pm
I went last year to a store on Avenue J and like East 13 or something (on the side of Touro but a few blocks before) because someone posted here last year about it. It was great. Cheap, nice wicker baskets for 50 cents.

ETA: oops. embarrassed Sorry. I didn't realize Monseyers was in the topic, I thought it said moneysavers. Good luck!

Last edited by Fabulous on Mon, Feb 21 2011, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 5:42 pm
Maya wrote:
x-mas Tree Shops?

Where's that and what type of stuff do they offer?

ilovemylife

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 5:44 pm
x-mas Tree Shoppes its on route 59 in the spring valley marketplace, its an awesome store, tons of artsy stuff for decorating or for your home or parties, and super cheap. Or the huge dollar store on route 45.

MeadowsLane

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 6:31 pm
You can also search online. Sometimes you get better deals than even the dollar store. I personally like this website: http://www.nashvillewraps.com/

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 7:11 pm
Maya wrote:
x-mas Tree Shops?

Yes! But I found the x-mas tree shop next to Ikea on Route 17 to have a lot more variety (they are much bigger). Definitely worth a trip IMO.

mosma

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 8:07 pm
you can also try wal-mart...

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 8:12 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Maya wrote:
x-mas Tree Shops?

Yes! But I found the x-mas tree shop next to Ikea on Route 17 to have a lot more variety (they are much bigger). Definitely worth a trip IMO.

Do they have a bigger variety of everything, like home decor?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 9:54 pm
MeadowsLane wrote:
You can also search online. Sometimes you get better deals than even the dollar store. I personally like this website: http://www.nashvillewraps.com/

What cheap and pretty thing can you recommend from their website?

energy11

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 4:07 am
Oh my gosh, this website is phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for posting!

MeadowsLane

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 5:19 am
amother wrote:
MeadowsLane wrote:

I realize you have to buy in bulk here, but I usually give out a lot of MM (at least over 100). Last year I baked hamentash and placed them in these cute Kraft boxes tied with pretty ribbon. I ordered from this website and it was way cheaper than buying individual pieces at amazing savings. I got the idea from the following blog: http://confessionsoftart.blogs......html

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:08 am
Maya wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
Maya wrote:
x-mas Tree Shops?

They have more in every department, but it's been a while (last year before Purim), so it's hard to remember what they had in which department.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:32 am
life'sgreat wrote:
Maya wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
Maya wrote:
x-mas Tree Shops?

They have more in every department, but it's been a while (last year before Purim), so it's hard to remember what they had in which department.

Just realize they are closed on sunday.

%^$&^ Blue laws make it impossible to shop at convenient times. /tangent

Merrymom

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:44 am
With the Sunday paper comes a sales flyer for A.C. Moore and Michaels, I like to buy containers there when they're having specials. Also lots of stores have Valentines Day clearance sales with pretty containers, I have found some really nice things that way.

Mommyme1

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 7:44 am
As soon as I saw your question my immediate thought was XMas Tree Shops!!!

supermom11

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 4:51 pm
Home Goods. I got there pretty stuff last year. not expensive

beautiful blessings

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 7:09 pm
MeadowsLane wrote:
amother wrote:
MeadowsLane wrote:

I realize you have to buy in bulk here, but I usually give out a lot of MM (at least over 100). Last year I baked hamentash and placed them in these cute Kraft boxes tied with pretty ribbon. I ordered from this website and it was way cheaper than buying individual pieces at amazing savings. I got the idea from the following blog: http://confessionsoftart.blogs......html

Is it still cheaper, even with the $15 shipping fee?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics