Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloech monos for flower theme. thanks

chanee

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 10:51 am
I`m sewing flower costums for my baby and toddler, It looks it`s going to be beutifull. now I`m thinking what to make simple and neat for mosholoch monos, and in what basket... I don`t enjoy baking, but maybe a liitle bit I`ll do. I thought of flower shaped chocolates and lollies, but don`t know how to present it. any other ideas? thanks in advance.

mamommommy

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 11:09 am
You can bake chocolate muffins or cupcakes (easy) and then put them in cheap little flower pots, cover with either crushed chocolate cookies (for dirt) or shredded coconut dyed with green food coloring (for grass) and then stick in flower lollipops.

sandyb

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 11:33 am
I did chocolate flower shaped lollipops one year. I bought a little terra cotta planter put in a styrofoam ball and covered it with chocolate rum balls. I baked flower cookies on a lolli stick and iced it in different colors. I then stuck in several cookies and several chocolate flower pops (colored choc.) and I had myself the cutest little miniature flowerpot.

(For special family members I cut out pictures of my kids in the shape of the flower cookie cutter and planted it together with the other things.)

IamAJewishWoman

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:37 pm
chanee wrote:
I`m sewing flower costums for my baby and toddler, It looks it`s going to be beutifull. now I`m thinking what to make simple and neat for mosholoch monos, and in what basket... I don`t enjoy baking, but maybe a liitle bit I`ll do. I thought of flower shaped chocolates and lollies, but don`t know how to present it. any other ideas? thanks in advance.

Take the chocolate flower lollipops, 2-3 haman tashen, a small liquor (or even grape juice) with a few more goodies of your choice. put them all into a clear plastic box. you know the ones you can buy in all the purim stores for under a dollar each.. wrap it around with a big bow tie and have 2 real roses on top of the box to! put them underneath the ribbbon so it looks pretty.

chanee

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 1:35 pm
Thanks all. the cupcake idea is axcactly mine what I thought of, but I think it`s going to look a patshka (-mess, sorry it`s not english). maybe similar but more neat. have an idea for me? thanks. can I do any other things but the basket or wrapping should be with flowers?

elmos

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:41 pm
I got one year a very cute mm it as a hard plastic cup cheaper than a tera cotter flowerpot in it was a piece of foam and those choc. candies that look like rocks and flower shaped lolly stuck in the foam and wrapped cute and simple. also go a flower pot with a piece of brownie and flower lollys or choc. stuck in it.
good luck wtvr you do

momomany

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 5:34 pm
I made topiaries - little terracotta pots with a dowel & styrofoam ball stuck on top - pinned gold & green foil wrapped candies & glue gunned a waterng can shaped bottle ,that I filled with liquor, to the side.- all supplies purchased cheaply at michaels. somewhat timeconsuming to make, but easy & neat & done in advance
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics