Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is this not chutzpah??

craftymommy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 5:48 pm
!!

Last edited by craftymommy on Sat, Apr 09 2011, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

imasinger

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 7:00 pm
Why don't you write to them and tell them that there is a last minute cancellation fee in order to cover your out of pocket expenses, and then set a number?

You might also want to speak to a rav and/or a lawyer.

chatz

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 7:31 pm
I think you should call them back or email them (whichever method works better for you) and explain that you've laid out costs, advertised their sheitels, got everyone excited for their sheitels, etc. You may not want to touch them with a 9 foot pole, but you've already invested in this sale. And they have a stake in it too - it's their wigs being advertised.

A letter is fine, but you want instant communication. Make sure that there hasn't been any misunderstandings and they understand what you've invested.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 7:53 pm
I hope you're not falling for their lame excuse as to why they think it'll be better to do this at a later date. They messed up somewhere and should cover your losses. Did you sign a contract?

blue eyes

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:05 pm
Do you think someone else in your area might have wanted to do the same thing and offered them a better deal????
what else can explain that?

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:21 pm
That is not fair. I would speak to my rav to see if they are liable first and then go from there.

craftymommy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 10:52 pm
I'm so turned off by their actions I want nothing to do with them. I'm more concerned about my name and reputation because my name was all over the advertisements and I do not do buisness like that. I have sent out emails in order to let people know the sale has been cancelled and feel so stupid and humiliated. I hope that everyone who intended on going gets the notified of the cancellation otherwise It will not be good for my name at all. They actually think I would be willing to work with them again?? The worst part of this is although I had heard great things about their sheitels, lots of people told me they had horrible customer service experience with them, I should have known. I don't really want to get a Rav involved I mean I did have $$ invested in this and it may not have been a huge amount but I don't really want to get into some big dispute over it. I just want to make sure ppl know it wasnt my fault.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 10:56 pm
craftymommy wrote:
I'm so turned off by their actions I want nothing to do with them. I'm more concerned about my name and reputation because my name was all over the advertisements and I do not do buisness like that. I have sent out emails in order to let people know the sale has been cancelled and feel so stupid and humiliated. I hope that everyone who intended on going gets the notified of the cancellation otherwise It will not be good for my name at all. They actually think I would be willing to work with them again?? The worst part of this is although I had heard great things about their sheitels, lots of people told me they had horrible customer service experience with them, I should have known. I don't really want to get a Rav involved I mean I did have $$ invested in this and it may not have been a huge amount but I don't really want to get into some big dispute over it. I just want to make sure ppl know it wasnt my fault.
It doesnt have to be a whole big dispute. You can at least try. There is no reason to suffer monetary loss if you dont have to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette