Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Selling Tupperware

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:48 pm
Hi I'm looking to sell tupperware, I believe that you sell most thru parties, but how do you widen your circle of friends if you're not allowed to advertise officially? any ideas please

Grandmama

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 7:41 pm
You are allowed to advertise.
You can have a page online and sell online as well.
You can sell door to door, or ask friends and relatives to host parties for you.
Or you can do what I do, but tons of stuff and use it as gifts.

paprika

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 7:44 pm
Grandmama wrote:
Or you can do what I do, buy tons of stuff and use it as gifts.

LOL

Is this the latest style in earning money?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 9:14 pm
I don't think Tupperware is a really good income. You can buy so much in stores now cheaply.

Grandmama

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:26 am
Tupperware is one company that pays you more in plastic than in actual cash.
I enjoy using it and so do many people in my immediate family.
If they are having specials, I like to buy it to use it as gifts for newlyweds.
The stuff lasts almost forever, so it isnt the same as the rubbermaid or other plastics you buy in the stores. Yes it costs more, but lasts longer, and is just more enjoyable to use.

If you want to make money, I can think of many other ways; unless you are a tupperware manager, or working nonstop for many years, I doubt there is much actual money being made by most representatives on a steady basis.

Marion

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:43 am
When I lived in Toronto I sold. I rarely held parties, but I worked several shifts/week at our mall location. The commission wasn't wonderful compared to parties, but the leads were great and I was in it for the bonusses and product anyway. There are people (not just managers) who make a LOT of money selling Tupperware. You have to decide what you want to get out of it...and then you have to put in the time to make it happen. Feel free to PM me for ideas.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 2:14 am
I sell tupperware, and when I am in the mood I can make a 100 dollars in less than an hr for holding a party. most of the time even more. a person on my team has up to her self to director in less than 6 months and is making A TON OF MONEY!!! she met everyone thru parties. to chocolate moose you are honestly comparing apple to oranges when you compare tupperware to stuff you can buy in teh store for cheaper. tupperware is definetely more expensive but in this day and age to find a company that stands by there product is rare. there gaurentee is not normal. I have returned products that they stoped making in 1945 for something brand new. any one who has children getting married it is the smart thing to buy them tupperware. as they LAST. the idea of making money in tupperware is to either date lots of parties. or to move your self up the pole to become a manger or director and make money on your recurits. tupperware definetly takes care of u if you go up the ladder. you have the option of winning the car. of going on trips ro just making money when in a bind. its a job the harder you work the more moeny you will get out of it. its up to u. GOOD LUCK !!!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 2:22 am
Old joke.
I make $100. an hour.
How many hours do you work?
Depends on my mood.
How many hours a week do you make that $100?
How many hours a month? A year?
How many women actually earn more than $10,000 a year working part time selling tupperware?
Its a very small percentage.
However, their kitchens are full of tupperware.

bearyspecial

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 2:48 am
amother wrote:
I sell tupperware, and when I am in the mood I can make a 100 dollars in less than an hr for holding a party. most of the time even more. a person on my team has up to her self to director in less than 6 months and is making A TON OF MONEY!!! she met everyone thru parties. to chocolate moose you are honestly comparing apple to oranges when you compare tupperware to stuff you can buy in teh store for cheaper. tupperware is definetely more expensive but in this day and age to find a company that stands by there product is rare. there gaurentee is not normal. I have returned products that they stoped making in 1945 for something brand new. any one who has children getting married it is the smart thing to buy them tupperware. as they LAST. the idea of making money in tupperware is to either date lots of parties. or to move your self up the pole to become a manger or director and make money on your recurits. tupperware definetly takes care of u if you go up the ladder. you have the option of winning the car. of going on trips ro just making money when in a bind. its a job the harder you work the more moeny you will get out of it. its up to u. GOOD LUCK !!!
if you're such a great salesperson why don't you sell something that really makes $$ like life insurance...

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 3:05 am
I am a big fan of Tupperware.
I have friends who sell/have sold and they tell me that the money really isn't great.
However, if you love the products and love connecting with people - go for it. It's important to do something you enjoy. Once you have a circle of customers you can always move over to selling something more lucrative.

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 3:59 am
My parents' business is network marketing

The way to widen your circle of potential customers is networking through your current circle. You organize a Tupperware party and invite 10 people you know. From there, you ask each of your friends to host a party in her house (because she'll get some nice Tupperware for herself if she hosts the party)... so, one of your neighbors invites some women from her workplace, maybe her relatives, maybe some friends that you don't have in common. Now you've met 10 women.... you get their contact info and ask each of them to host a party and invite their friends.... (and so on... and so on...)

IMO, these kind of businesses are great for women who are good at meeting new people, making connections and who are enthusiastic about sales. Also, it depends on what the product is... Tupperware is good stuff and people like it. There are some home-based businesses that are selling overpriced, not useful products (ie. pricey juice drinks that purportedly have piles of antioxidants) which you will have a hard time actually getting customers for.

bpmomy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 10:04 am
STAY AWAY FROM MLM LIKE FROM FIRE ONLY THE PERSON ON TOP MAKES MONEY !!!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 11:10 am
bpmomy wrote:

Hahahahahaha! Network marketing is a great profession for the right people. Anyone can make money if they have a good product and determination.

Besides, afaik Tupperware isn't quite network marketing (which is why you don't make all that much money, perhaps?).

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 11:17 am
bpmomy wrote:

A solid MLM is one where you make more money off yourself than the person above you. It's also a business where you make your money from selling products, not from recruiting others into the business. A reputable MLM will charge a *minimal* fee for membership and training supplies and have a good product to offer. It's sales, just like anything else.... which takes some legwork and persistence, which a lot of people just don't have. In a solid MLM, no one gets rich quick. The first question for any of these businesses is "Would I use this product? Would the people I know use this product? Can normal people afford this product? Do normal people want this product"... if you can't answer affirmatively, then you will never have any luck selling.... whether it's a pricey vacation club or $40 bottles of antioxidant juice.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 11:37 am
ewa-jo wrote:
bpmomy wrote:

A solid MLM is one where you make more money off yourself than the person above you. It's also a business where you make your money from selling products, not from recruiting others into the business. A reputable MLM will charge a *minimal* fee for membership and training supplies and have a good product to offer. It's sales, just like anything else.... which takes some legwork and persistence, which a lot of people just don't have. In a solid MLM, no one gets rich quick. The first question for any of these businesses is "Would I use this product? Would the people I know use this product? Can normal people afford this product? Do normal people want this product"... if you can't answer affirmatively, then you will never have any luck selling.... whether it's a pricey vacation club or $40 bottles of antioxidant juice.

Thumbs Up

bpmomy clearly knows nothing about MLM.

bpmomy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 12:18 pm
I have been there I have done it ; stay away its a very hard business to make $ iin ; people are absloutly not intrested. unless u like harssing people go for it....

Marion

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 1:16 pm
Tupperware is NOT an MLM. An MLM is a company in which you can ONLY make money by recruiting, and usually you have to sell a minimum amount monthly to keep your eligibility to sell and recruit.

You CAN make money in Tupperware even if you never recruit a single person, if you never promote out to manager, and so on. Yes, you can make MORE if you recruit and promote out, but you don't have to do so. You are also under no obligation to purchase (or sell) a minimum amount each month yourself. And if you recruit but your recruits don't do anything it doesn't affect you. In a real MLM if your downline doesn't sell (or buy the product for themselves) it affects your status.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers