Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
OMG Kashrus goof - freaking out!!!
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:36 pm
We ordered pizza tonight and DH and I were putting the kids to bed when it came. I'm preggo and was starving. I snuck out of their room and left DH to man the kids... and I lunged on the pizza and gobbled down a slice! Then DH came and I realized that I was supposed to wait another 20 minutes!!! (We wait six hours.)

It has always been a fear of mine miscalculating time or whatever but it never ever ever happened before!!!

I'm sooo upset.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:38 pm
Big deal. We eat fleishig within the last hour and so do many people. But maybe you can tell me: Why do pple use the term "preggo" for pregnant? Do you really say that in real life?

marina

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:41 pm
I say preggers, would never say preggo. that's just so wrong.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:46 pm
marina wrote:

Seriously marina, these terms are so cheesy. What's wrong with plain old pregnant? Or if you must be fancy, encentiente?

SplitPea

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:47 pm
we wait 6 hours as well but I was told by a rav that if I needed to the minimum needed is 1 hour... 3 hours was better and 5 + 1 minute was not even a question if I am hungry.

ask a shila it might not be as big of a deal as you think

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:47 pm
Maybe OP figures that if she speaks strangely, we won't figure out who she is.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:49 pm
marina wrote:

Only preggy for moi. Preggers? How could you?

marina

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:51 pm
Truthfully I prefer "in the family way" or when I'm feeling explicit, I might say "with child"

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:55 pm
I like to talk about my bun in the oven.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:56 pm
Isn't preggo a tomato sauce or stroller? Wink

I don't say anything at all...though with previous pregnancies, I said I was "bumpin'"

As for the OP, in all seriousness, say sorry and be more careful next time, but don't worry, there's LOTS of room to say that you didn't make a big mistake.

And as an aside, if you still fell guilty, you can do kashering through boiling. Just drink some really hot tea. Sans the tea bag.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:57 pm
marina wrote:
Truthfully I prefer "in the family way" or when I'm feeling explicit, I might say "with child"

Very Happy

groisamomma

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:58 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Isn't preggo a tomato sauce or stroller? Wink

I don't say anything at all...though with previous pregnancies, I said I was "bumpin'"

As for the OP, in all seriousness, say sorry and be more careful next time, but don't worry, there's LOTS of room to say that you didn't make a big mistake.

And as an aside, if you still fell guilty, you can do kashering through boiling. Just drink some really hot tea. Sans the tea bag.

Have you no pity on the poor dear within her? She's preggers, forgot?

egam

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:03 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Big deal. We eat fleishig within the last hour and so do many people. But maybe you can tell me: Why do pple use the term "preggo" for pregnant? Do you really say that in real life?

Yes, it's a big deal for OP. She clearly was upset enough to post it and was looking for support. I would also be disturbed if I miscalculated the time.
OP, it's probably OK, consideding your pregnancy. But talk to your Rav, just for the peace of mind.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:04 pm
egam wrote:
groisamomma wrote:

Yes, it's a big deal for OP. She clearly was upset enough to post it and was looking for support. I would also be disturbed if I miscalculated the time.
OP, it's probably OK, consideding your pregnancy. But talk to your Rav, just for the peace of mind.

What is a Rav going to say post fact? If she feels bad, she can do teshuva.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:05 pm
People people, if you can't use the correct term then don't say anything at all!
When you're KNOCKED UP just say it! :-)

amother

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:07 pm
Actually no one mentioned preggy - that is the best one!!

egam

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:09 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
egam wrote:
groisamomma wrote:

He can reassure her and calm her down.

Barbara

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:11 pm
marina wrote:

I like knocked up.

marina

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:14 pm
I liked the movie

grin

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:14 pm
egam wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
egam wrote:
groisamomma wrote:

He can reassure her and calm her down.
yes, he may reassure that she did nothing wrong - either b'dieved or possibly lechatchila - he may even tell her next time that within the 6th hour is ok for pg - she won't know unless she asks.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen