Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
South beach diet day one! need support and validation plz!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 7:39 am
so does this menu make sense for today?
brkfst just ate 2 eggs fried in olive oil and onions with a side of 2 persian cucumbers and some cherry tomatoes also with olive oil. (too much olive oil?)

snack will be 10 pistachios out of my 30 of today ( I'm lactose intolerant so string cheese is not in the running for snacks)

lunch : flounder cooked in zucchini and tomato sauce with 2 cups of vegetables on the side

snack: 30 calorie tofutti popsicle plus the other 20 pistachios spread out (can I spread the snack out like every hour or better at one hour and no eating till supper?)

supper - chicken breast stir fry w peppers snow peas and onions

dessert: another 30 cal tofutti which is a total of 60 cal of sugar free extra

happyone

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 7:53 am
Good luck!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 8:34 am
does the menu make sense to you? were you on it? or you're a well wisher Smile

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 9:13 am
I did it years ago, it was hard but worked! I don't remember the details except no sugar and I remember buying sugar free jelly powder to flavour my plain yoghurt bec I couldn't bear the taste!

6coop

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 9:23 am
I also did it a few years ago and it really worked well (until I got pregnant again and put some weight back on) and I'm planning to do it when I start to wean my baby.

I did rely a lot on the dairy "snacks" during the day like string cheese and cottage cheese, so it sounds really hard without that. The only thing I will tell you is that the first 5-6 days are really torture. If you can push through that first week, then you're set. Just keep eating all day, and don't worry too much about sticking to the specific menu. Munch on veggie sticks, have a hard-boiled egg, eat an extra piece of fish, anything so that you won't feel hungry. I remember that even though I was eating plenty, I still felt weak and like I needed more food those first few days, but once I got through that first week, I felt great and I started to lose all of the cravings (and the weight).

Good luck!

torahtots

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 9:35 am
The menu sounds great! I agree with PP, snack on veggies and protein throughout the day if you feel hungry, which you probably will.

It is HARD at the beginning but SO worth it. I think I lost about 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Once you step on the scale after that first week, hopefully the numbers will be encouraging enough to keep you going.

I have done it a few times - before children, between children - last time I lost 45 pounds in 6 months!

Best diet ever!! Good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 3:21 pm
thanks so mu ch for all the advice and encouragement! the thing is that fish in sauce that I prepared was gross for some reason ! so I just threw it out so now I'm nervous that I'm not eating enough protein today but I don't have patience to prepare something else..

question: are I allowed to eat the deli meat like aaron's best smoked turkey?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 3:24 pm
wow! I also hope that I will have the nu mbers that you guys have! I have pcos and I'm hoping that by losing the weight (45 lb to lose) I'll YIH get pregnant..

torahtots

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:34 pm
In general lean meat/chicken are great for South Beach but you have to be careful with what it's prepared with. Check for sugar content. Especially during the first two weeks you want to be very careful about that. You'd be surprised at how much sugar they put in processed meat! Later in the diet you can be more lax about eating prepared foods. But I think that if you have nothing else in the house it's probably better to eat the cold cuts than starving yourself, in which case you might cave in and just eat whatever you find in the house which is worse than cold cuts! But go do a big shopping soon!

I also have PCOS. South Beach is a great diet for it. I have had two healthy pregnancies and three miscarriages. (I'm not sure if the miscarriages were related to the PCOS but I didn't have about a year and a half of infertility between the first two miscarriages and my first child.) I also had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with one of my children, which is not surprising since PCOS is related to insulin resistance and diabetes. I took clomid, glucophage, and a combination of the two to help me get pregnant. I recommend glucophage, which is actually a diabetes medication. It may also help you lose weight.

I wish you hatlzlacha, health, and happiness and none of the tzuris I've gone though.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:38 pm
oish torahtots I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that!!! I wish you health hatppiness and YiH the next pregnancies should be healthy and easy!
I'm ttc for almost 4 years .. clomid didn't work , I did injections but I had to take a brake for financial reasons so while I"m waiting to have the capital etc to continue I'm going to try to lose some weight with South Beach..
thanks for all the info! I do need to go shopping asap , I don't have enough of anything right now and I don't want to binge for such a stupid reason..

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:41 pm
I really want to take glucophage but I can't pay for the blood test..

torahtots

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:41 pm
Make a veggie soup. I know it's hot out - I eat it lukewarm. It's filling. I eat a whole pot myself over the course of 2-3 days.

My other recommendation is to move to E"Y where fertility treatment, including IVF, is free until you have two children. Smile Let me know if you want to consider it, I'll help you.

Kol Tuv.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:43 pm
that's a good idea. cheap too.(veggie soup)
he I'd love to but its not really an option.. but miracles can happen no? so who knows Smile

torahtots

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:49 pm
Mashiach will come and bring you here whether it's an option or not. But start thinking like it's an option. Smile

Im not sure at what phase you can eat kohlrabi - have you ver had it? It tastes kind of like a raddish but not as sharp - good in a salad or with hummus - but if you put it in soup it tastes exactly like potato. I've heard that roasted it tastes like cauliflower and it's much cheaper, at least here.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 4:57 pm
amen!
I never tasted kohlrabi, but it sounds interesting especially the tasting like potato part!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 11:51 am
Hi OP. How's the diet going? Guess what? I have pcos too and I saw this post yesterday and got inspired by you to go on South Beach! I'm basically doing it just so my body will not crave sugar... but thats all its doing right now. What is your menu for today? So far I had an omelette with three eggs, mushrooms and a tomato. I really want orange juice but im holding back. I'm probably going to go stock up on vegetables and chicken soon. Oh, and I hope to get those 30 cal tofutti bars. mmm Smile keep me posted. thanks!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 12:37 pm
hi amother! welcome aboard I'm touched that I was able to inspire you but obviously the work is all your own and your own amazingness on doing it
so far so good bh I was highly stressed yesterday but BH I was able to not turn to my habitual nosh..
you're omelette sounds yum!
I also had one but with mushrooms and onions and tomatoes on the side (2 eggs)
for lunch I'm eating 2 cups of salad(tomato cucumber, mixed lettuce)and oven baked salmon,
supper will probably also be salmon or some leftover food from yesterday, snacks are pistachios and tofutti and sugar free candies,
let me know how your days go lets keep each other posted and inspired!!

torahtots

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 1:26 pm
Way to go, ladies! Keep up the good work!

Did you weigh yourselves when you started? If not, do it! You should weigh yourselves once a week at the same time of day b/c weight fluctuates throughout the day. You weigh the least in the morning when you first wake up. Try to wear the same clothes or clothes of the same weight so you get an accurate idea of how much you lost.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 6:52 pm
OP, what are you going to do in terms of shabbos food? I think that will be my biggest challenge. I just bought the tofutti pops-lifesaver for this diet!

Torahtots- thanks for the tip.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 7:15 pm
I don't know what to do yet, I"m probably going to end up eating hard boiled egg for breakfast and a grilled chicken breast and salad for t he day and I'll personally be a goya and skip the challa cuz once I start I don't stop
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise