Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Can I get the old Yahoo Mail back?

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 10:51 am
Im googling all over and cant find anything that tells me what to do. I think Yahoo is making it impossible.

auntie_em

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 11:19 am
At one time, you could switch back to the old yahoo mail but they have discontinued that option. I dislike the current version of yahoo mail, too.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:13 pm
Make that three of us. I don't like the format at all.

grace413

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:14 pm
I'm still using the old format but I never switched to the new one. Thanks for the advice, I'll stay where I am.

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:12 pm
One thing thats great about Yahoo, before AND now as well, is the search function. Its so simple and quick, and gets you the results.

Depressed

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:26 pm
Im afraid Yahoo finished their Beta test phase and and are automatically converting all accts to the new version..

str

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:58 pm
Count me in as well.
I don't either like the new version

chanahlady

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 3:33 pm
Yes, you can get the old Yahoo mail back.

The trick is to make Yahoo think you're using an old, unsupported browser: Internet Explorer 6.

Here's how to do it on Firefox. You install a plug-in and make the switch. It's a one-time thing that basically tricks Yahoo into thinking that your Firefox browser is actually IE6. After you do this one time, you can use the plug-in to go back to your original browser and that'll be that. I did this successfully on two computers.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.techtip.org/how-to-.....mail/

gp2.0

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 3:46 pm
I never liked yahoo. I used to use hotmail (now msn live) but once I switched to gmail I never looked back.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 4:17 pm
grace413 wrote:
I'm still using the old format but I never switched to the new one. Thanks for the advice, I'll stay where I am.

I also thought I'll stay with their old format. But now that they switched to the new one, it's impossible to get the old one back. I never liked it in the first placed - too many ads and too much stuff to go through to get to my email. Indeed I had one account that I hardly ever used. Now I don't even bother checking if I've got mail. I never gave that address to anyone important anyhow.

raspberry tea

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 6:23 pm
Yahoo keeps asking me to upgrade to the new yahoo. I have refused and every time I want to log on they make me click continue to the old yahoo mail. But, now they are also giving me a deadline that I must upgrade by Sept 16th, I think that's the date. I'm trying to completely switch over to gmail anyhow. So I want to be done with yahoo already anyways.

blumys

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 5:12 pm
See if this works: http://internet.helium.com/how.....assic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics