Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Attn all Duncan Hines fans

Tovah

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 9:12 pm
SHMAIS.com has learned that the Duncan Hines company has reversed a decision made in 2005 that made their cakes mixes dairy and very soon OU Pareve Duncan Hines cake mixes will be back on store shelves nationwide.
Pareve production began in September and Duncan Hines has begun shipping product to stores. It should be in most locations by November and December, the company says. Consumers are urged to make sure the product does in fact have an OU Pareve on the box before purchasing as it might take longer for some stores to get in the new shipment.

Duncan Hines offers a wide variety of the pareve cake mixes, more than any other brand. Twelve of 18 Moist Deluxe flavors, representing more than 80 percent of sales, are being returned to pareve. These are: Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow, the best selling cake mix in the country, Devil's Food, Lemon Supreme, Butter Recipe Golden, Swiss Chocolate, Spice, Fudge Marble, Pineapple Supreme, Butter Recipe Fudge, German Chocolate, Red Velvet and Dark Chocolate Fudge.

Chabad Houses and Kosher consumers across the country that stocked up on the pareve mixes before they turned dairy can now rest assured that when their current stash runs out there will be replacments available.
(NEWS TIP: Zalman Goldstein)

copied from shmais.com

anon

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 10:37 pm
Someone should tell them to make their frostings pareve too! It drives me nuts that there are no pareve frostings.

Estee2

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 11:35 pm
GREAT NEWS !!

I'm still well stocked, so it should last me until their production lines pick up again...

As long as it's the basic yellow and butter, I'm happy.
I love those "Cake mix doctor " type recipes that tell you how
to enhance them to make them fancy.
You think the pressure or low sales got to them ?

Did we really make a difference ?

Any word on the Brownies ??

I have a large stash of them.
So much for $ on eBay... Crying

But good for Klal Yisrael.
I've been seeing them Parve all year !

Exclamation

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 9:04 am
The brownies never turned dairy to begin with. There were some dairy varieties, but several remained pareve.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 9:43 am
Yay! I can't wait! I hope they'll decide to make some parev frostings again. Maybe if a bunch of ppl write to them, they may consider it? Not only Jews want dairy free. There are ppl who are allergic to dairy!

ButterflyGarden

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 1:52 pm

Director of Public Relations
212.613.8318; steiners@ou.org
For immediate release

DUNCAN HINES® TO OFFER OU CERTIFIED PAREVE CAKES AGAIN

There is good news for kosher consumers who want their Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mixes, certified kosher by the Orthodox Union, to have pareve and non-dairy status. The company has reversed a decision made in 2005 to switch the product to dairy, therefore rendering it unusable for cakes that are served with meat meals at the Sabbath table. The product line includes Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow, the best selling cake mix in the country, and other consumer favorites such as Devil’s Food, Lemon Supreme and Butter Recipe Golden.

Pareve production began in September and Duncan Hines has begun shipping product to stores. It should be in most locations by November and December, the company says.

Pareve products are neither meat nor dairy and can be served with both meals. They are identified by or Pareve on the label.

“We are very excited to again offer Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mixes as non-dairy pareve products,” declared Chief Executive Officer Jeff Ansell. “We are now able to ensure that our production facilities can produce dairy-free product with certainty. This is based on moving our dairy-based cakes to another production facility. We made this shift in production because we wanted to once again offer our long-time and valued pareve consumers non-dairy cake mixes.”

“It was a difficult decision last year to change away from pareve. We heard both from consumers and trade customers and that is why we worked hard to make the move back to pareve,” said Ansell.

Duncan Hines offers a wide variety of the pareve cake mixes, more than any other brand. Twelve of 18 Moist Deluxe flavors, representing more than 80 percent of sales, are being returned to pareve. These include, besides those noted above, Swiss Chocolate, Spice, Fudge Marble, Pineapple Supreme, Butter Recipe Fudge, German Chocolate, Red Velvet and Dark Chocolate Fudge.

“Successful companies make smart decisions, even if it means reversing a previous decision,” declared Rabbi Menachem Genack, CEO of OU Kosher. “Duncan Hines’switch of its Moist Deluxe Cake Mixes to dairy obviously disappointed part of its consumer base. The marketplace speaks. I commend the company for reversing its decision and restoring the mixes to OU pareve status, which means they are now restored to the Sabbath meat table.”

Rabbi Genack emphasized that there are distinct advantages to pareve products. “Besides the flexibility they give the consumer, being appropriate for both meat and dairy meals, they are also available to lactose intolerant individuals who cannot use dairy products. OU Kosher, in fact, emphasizes to its companies and prospective companies the advantages of pareve. The results, in many cases, can be found on the bottom line.”

Press inquires should contact Joel White at Pinnacle Foods, 973-541-6683 or at whitejs@pinnaclefoodscorp.com.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 6:59 pm
YIPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited....and I just can't hide it.!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics