Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
CALLING ALL SMARTBOARD USERS

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 11:03 am
I am iy"h having a smartboard in my classroom this year, and I would love to learn how to use it. My boss will be giving a workshop to the new users, but that will probably be once school starts. Right now I am desperately trying to figure out how to type on lined paper. I figured out how to get lined paper from the gallery and add it as a notebook page, but it's only letting me write on it with the "pen". I want to be able to type a worksheet on a looseleaf type paper and print and/or email it. If anyone knows how to do that, or if there is another program that I could do it from, I will be most grateful if you could help me out! TIA

(anonymous because this is all I have been talking about to everyone I know for the past week)

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 11:45 am
as far as I know, you can't type on lined 'paper' on the smartboard. The most you can do is type the writing out in the regular way, and then play with the size and stretching of the text until it matches the lines.

Stepmum

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 12:54 pm
There is a 'text' option - I think the symbol is an A. You can either type from the computer, or use the on-screen keyboard.

rlove1976

Post Sun, Oct 02 2011, 12:41 pm
I hope someone's been able to help you by now, but since I don't see any responses I'm going to try anyway.

If you click on the line where you want to type, then just type some text, it should should show up there. If it's not exactly where you want it, just highlight the text and move it onto the desired line.

If you are writing directly onto the Smartboard rather than in notebook, you can also highlight what you've written, right click to bring up the menu, and tell it to recognize it as text. Then you can move it where ever you want it.

I hope that helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics